Xenforo Review system - Would you invest

I like the amazon idea. Once I get into developing I'll get some polls going to decide features like this; example: stars or helpful(yes/no)?

Not sure about searching, definitely filtering though. Anything is possible however. Just a matter of if it is priority or not.

I'm on my phone so not going to look at that link at this moment. I'll check tomorrow. I imagine it I'll be fine (going off what the RM does).

Would something like featured resources suffice?

That will be possible with the custom fields.

I like your swagger there, old sport. My biggest concern is about crowd funding and being burnt on it...which was a PITA.
I'm all about getting the job done though.

I like your swagger there, old sport. My biggest concern is about crowd funding and being burnt on it...which was a PITA.
I'm all about getting the job done though.

I'm good with the funds being in an escrow account until completion (I'd like maybe half unlocked when I give a stable beta). Like I said, I want you guys to be insured in case I die or something. I also want insurance that I won't be spending hundreds of hours coding this to sell 6 copies and basically make $2/hr or something.

I've only been actively coding for XenForo and releasing add ons for the past 4 months. I do not expect you all to trust me with thousands of dollars that simply especially after the Robbo thing.

I would definitely pay over $179-$200 for something that allowed customized, sorted reviews and ratings on the resource manager.

The current review system works but is limited to just 1 rating score and 1 textblock.

If you could have custom sortable tabs with custom rating fields and multiple textblocks, dropdowns, etc on the Rate this Resource overlay that would be amazing!

Something like http://demo.reviewsforjoomla.com/products-catalog/tablets/apple-ipad

Xenreviews is turning out very beautiful. Its developing way better than expected. Its nice to see it in beta stage.

@qz2 It has everything that you want. But not in the resource manager. The resource manager is not suited for reviews. see: www.xenreviews.com

@Alfa1 I checked out http://www.xenreviews.com/reviews/movies/comedies/

It looks great, I can't wait to see it available. I saw that there is a way to sort by Newest First, Oldest First and Most Reviews, are there any plans on being able to sort by custom fields?

For example a drug can have 2 custom ratings, 1-5 for effectiveness and 1-5 for safety

Is there a way to sort by most effective, or most safe? Then a way to sort from top to bottom, given a weight of each rating, for example a weight of 50% on effectiveness and 50% on safety would make the overall rating?

Thanks,

I saw that there is a way to sort by Newest First, Oldest First and Most Reviews, are there any plans on being able to sort by custom fields?

For example a drug can have 2 custom ratings, 1-5 for effectiveness and 1-5 for safety

Is there a way to sort by most effective, or most safe? Then a way to sort from top to bottom, given a weight of each rating, for example a weight of 50% on effectiveness and 50% on safety would make the overall rating?
What is your website?

Its possible to use the XenReviews custom field builder to make users submit any field wanted. And these fields will be visible on the reviews. The layout is a little different, but with the XRGrid its possible to reorder many page elements with drag n drop.

Hi qz2,

Thanks for the kind words and the interest in our add-on! We definitely have the custom fields covered, you can already do exactly as you wish to do. As for the sorting by custom fields, "filters" are a planned feature and will probably be one of the next ones developed; these would give you the sorting that you wish. Our layout takes more of a "post" form than the example you've provided where the reviews are in a table, but like Alfa said, XRGrid which comes bundled with XR is capable of allowing you to define your own layout. It would be easy to modify the templates to give you a tabular layout as well.

I hope you keep an eye on our project and feel free to ask us any more questions you may have!

Jeff

Top Bottom