XenForo on 1.2

RPOiuJf.jpg

Is there anything serious behind this, "USERNAME" ? ..why somebody need this at all ??

What are you asking? About Brogan's name specifically or the one in that line? It's a small snippet of information that can be useful in extremely long posts.

Though am partially convinced :) ..but still this "small snippet of information" looks more like "NOT Really Required" Since, every post begins with a user & it's username never evaporates out of readers brain anytime (no matter how far a post travels:D)

What are you asking? About Brogan's name specifically or the one in that line? It's a small snippet of information that can be useful in extremely long posts.

Exactly.

Long posts will almost likely hide the messageuserblock username so this serves as a secondary indicator who posted at a glance without having to scroll up.

Last edited:
Though am partially convinced :) ..but still this "small snippet of information" looks more like "NOT Really Required" Since, every post begins with a user & it's username never evaporates out of readers brain anytime (no matter how far a post travels:D)

Don't let it bother you. If it's not required in your opinion then you could always hide/remove it if you hold a xenforo license.

Not really required doesn't mean it is useless. As Shelley states, it saves scrolling after long posts. It's also makes the date line make a little more sense and logically near things such as blog posts.

With the new user tagging system, do you get notifications when someone you have on 'Ignore' tags you?

As soon as I made my first post here with A Snap (above) taken with Hyperdesktop Imgur utility,I felt urgent need of similar feature in our Editor, as every now&then we take selective snaps of various parts of forum for numerous reasons.Be it, making newbies understand "how this/that works" "anything wrong with template" or just any sort of non-quotable inconvenience,which can be easily communicated via pictures :)

Please let me know if something similar exits somewhere or am just wishing for an add-on :)

This looks fantastic, XF guys. I really appreciate the work you've put into making 1.2 a major jump forward in forum software.

Now to test the editor :notworthy:

Screen Shot 2013-05-09 at 9.33.17 AM.webp

@Zwirc, this is a feedback thread. If you require support please include as much detail in a separate thread in the appropriate support forums.

Excellent. I knew it wouldn't be long before we seen the RM having some responsive Mcloving injected into it. Nice work

Top Bottom