XenForo on 1.2

Okay, so I had a situation where I had to delete comments on my profile recently, and in doing so, I felt like there was a change - and I forgot that this is 1.2...

What changed?

Last edited:
There is no change as far as that is concerned.

To answer your question though, yes.

Minor question...

With the "New Posts" wording change, does the "whats_new" phrase still exist but with a different text, has it been removed, or it does it still exist along with a new phrase for the new text?

I'm not complaining nor am suggesting anything! :P I am using the "whats_new" phrase in a couple of different places and am just curious if I should go ahead now and pre-emptively make a unique phrase for those add-ons or if they will still work as-is after 1.2 starts getting released to public users.

More accurate would be to show new posts like recent activity and not as threads:
http://xenforo.com/community/recent-activity/

Whilst that might work for forums that gain a few posts per day, it would make CycleChat almost impossible to keep up with - with 1500+ new posts per day the 'What's New?' first page would cover maybe the last 10-15 minutes of activity and anything older than five or six hours would effectively be buried way down on page 20 or so.

It might be worth suggesting an ACP option to display new content as posts or threads - let the board owner chose for themselves how they would like it to work. It may be something the XF guys would consider - further down the line. (y)

Alright.. looks like someone's playing a prank..i dont see "Write your reply" again... i am gonna leave it here.. who cares about a piece of string anyway :)

Top Bottom