XenForo LiteSpeed Cache [Deleted]

Will it work with OpenLiteSpeed 1.3?

V1.3 2014-3-28

Major feature enhancements
  • Added LiteSpeed Internal Application Programming Interface (LSIAPI) for support of third-party modules.
  • Added OpenLiteSpeed page caching module.
  • Added example modules for reference.

@Slavik - A separate plugin ( link: http://www.litespeedtech.com/support/forum/threads/lscache-now-available-as-optional-add-on.8502/ ) has been released by LS that allows caching options on all the licenses. I'm considering getting one. With the plugin enabled; can I use your add-on, as described?

Since it says.. "This is the same LSCache that we have been including with 2-CPU licenses (and up) for years, but now it's available for VPS, Ultra VPS, 1-CPU licenses." Yes, it should as it is the same LSCache. Though it costing $6.00/mo to add-on. I don't really see the point in getting a 1 CPU license over a 2 CPU as 2 CPU also has other features 1CPU does not.

Since it says.. "This is the same LSCache that we have been including with 2-CPU licenses (and up) for years, but now it's available for VPS, Ultra VPS, 1-CPU licenses." Yes, it should as it is the same LSCache. Though it costing $6.00/mo to add-on. I don't really see the point in getting a 1 CPU license over a 2 CPU as 2 CPU also has other features 1CPU does not.
Well, pricing is one of the criteria. My server has 8GB RAM and I'm using Ultra VPS Lease LSWS Enterprise license. I'll be spending $26/mo; as I hear that it's totally worth it.

Do you think I should go for it?

Just to confirm, you all have interpreted everything right, as far as I can tell.

@Mike Edge The only difference between a 1-CPU license with the cache add-on and a 2-CPU license is that a 2-CPU license has access to two cores (unless I have somehow forgotten something). This is definitely useful if you have lots of traffic and need LSWS to handle all those requests, but if you've got, say, four cores, you probably only need LSWS to have access to one of them. (Jeez, I hope I'm not forgetting something...)

m

Just to confirm, you all have interpreted everything right, as far as I can tell.

@Mike Edge The only difference between a 1-CPU license with the cache add-on and a 2-CPU license is that a 2-CPU license has access to two cores (unless I have somehow forgotten something). This is definitely useful if you have lots of traffic and need LSWS to handle all those requests, but if you've got, say, four cores, you probably only need LSWS to have access to one of them. (Jeez, I hope I'm not forgetting something...)

m

hmmmm, I thought the 2 core and higher also offered other things like DDoS protection and better load balancing? Their use to be a chart on the site years back that showed the features offered based on license type.

That was before my time, so I'm not sure. (It sounds possible.) Now, though, the only feature bundled in the 2-CPU (and above licenses) that you don't get in lower licenses is LSCache.

I think it just made things too confusing to have extra features only available with certain licenses. Yeah, it did provide an incentive to buy more expensive licenses, but the math was too confusing. That's why we made cache an add-on.

m

I got this running and now wondering if I should really be using [bd]Cache plugin? Is there any advantage of running both these addons?

@Slavik - So far, the site seems to be running fine; but with minor glitches. Even after clicking logout; the site shows me logged in (I see my username on the navigation bar and avatar et. al) on the home page (xenporta). But if I click on /community/ - it shows me logged out. Kinda confusing!

PS: But the pages seem to be loading superfast for the guests!

Addendum:

After enabling the cache; our users online now count has remained steady at about 700 - 800 (session expiry time: 60 minutes) even during the traffic peak (about 150 new visitors every 5 minutes. Prior to enabling cache; it'd jump the count to over 1200-1500. I guess this is because of the cached files being served. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Last edited:
Sorry to bump this; but I really need to know which way to go. I got following reply from Litespeed:

Yes, the count of guest users could be deflated by the cache as guest user access is satisfied by the cache, not through PHP. I think you can send a feature request to xenforo developer to get around this with ajax request or something.

@Slavik - Is there anything the add-on can do to address this? Would love to know whether others using the cache & add-on are in the similar situation as I am.

After enabling the cache; our users online now count has remained steady at about 700 - 800 (session expiry time: 60 minutes) even during the traffic peak (about 150 new visitors every 5 minutes. Prior to enabling cache; it'd jump the count to over 1200-1500. I guess this is because of the cached files being served. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
Yes, it's because of the cache.
You could try to use http://xenforo.com/community/resources/sidebar-block-members-online-auto-refesh.1517/

Thanks. That addon is unsupported, unfortunately. I'm guessing for a site under traffic spike; it might just result into issues. Surprisingly; I've enabled BD cache and the number of online users isn't affected by that addon.

I'm not sure how both are technically different - but I guess they work similarly by serving all the pages straight from the HDD.

Top Bottom