XenForo LiteSpeed Cache [Deleted]

I see LSWS 5.0 RC2 has been out since June. Is LSWS5 expected soon?
Can we expect HHVM support in an upcoming release? Speeding PHP up 9 times would be a massive benefit.

Yes, back in April they stated they would start working on it in the upcoming months. So I assume that work has begun on it back in May this year. This is why I wonder what the status of it is.

Yes, back in April they stated they would start working on it in the upcoming months. So I assume that work has begun on it back in May this year. This is why I wonder what the status of it is.
It could be that they are focusing on 5.0 being stable first. Obviously, this is just speculation.

So, I upgraded from LS 4.2.10 to 4.2.14 and when I reactivated caching, all the sudden my members are able to log in, but it logs them out as soon as they close the browser. I had my members log out, clear their cookies, close the browser, open a new browser and try again. Still not working.

No other cache systems are running. No changes to .htaccess except that I changed the name of the skipCacheCookie to skipCacheCookie2 (changed it in xF, then changed the .htaccess file. That's all I've done.

So, I upgraded from LS 4.2.10 to 4.2.14 and when I reactivated caching, all the sudden my members are able to log in, but it logs them out as soon as they close the browser. I had my members log out, clear their cookies, close the browser, open a new browser and try again. Still not working.

No other cache systems are running. No changes to .htaccess except that I changed the name of the skipCacheCookie to skipCacheCookie2 (changed it in xF, then changed the .htaccess file. That's all I've done.

Hm ok, ill poke lsmichael if anythings changed

So, admin accounts don't appear to be affected by this, but regular and moderator accounts are affected.

So, I've been testing scenario's. In firefox, I log into a regular user account, making sure to click the Stay Logged In option, then close the browser. Relaunch the browser, go to the home page and it appears to be logged out. (Side note: from the home page, if I try to hit the contact us page, it presents the following error. (refreshing doesn't seem to fix this)

The following error occurred:
Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

The interesting thing is that when you click to any other page (excepting the contact us page) the page shows the user as logged in.

Last edited:
So, I was looking at the cookies in chrome and in firefox and I notice that the cookie is named xf_skipPageCache not just skipPageCache. Should the .htaccess be edited to look like this:

Code:
<IfModule litespeed>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^HEAD|GET$
RewriteCond %{HTTP_COOKIE} !xf_skipPageCache
RewriteRule .* - [E=Cache-Control:max-age=60]
</IfModule>

both xf_skipPageCache and skipPageCache should be ok here since it just search if the sub string is in cookie.

can you temporarily switch back to 4.2.10 to double confirm it's working fine under it and problem under 4.2.14 ? also please force re-install 4.2.14 to ensure it's the latest version.

if still problem, please PM the site's url and an normal user account, so I can reproduce and confirm the issue at our side.

^^ That's a LiteSpeed tech by the way. Had to call in the big guns, since I didn't know the answer.

(Sorry it took so long. I was on vacation.)

m

Dropped back to 4.2.10 and the problem still exists. So, at this point, I'm not sure if it's an issue with this resource which would fall under @Slavik expertise, or a misconfiguration of litespeed. Just not sure what to do at this point. I very much want this to work properly.

Top Bottom