Xenforo Domain Name Expired

Just a little bad luck with namecheap, nothing more. No need to panic.
Fact is, no one posting actually knows what happened or perhaps I missed the announcement about it.
Could have been a problem with namecheap. Could have been a problem of someone not seeing an email from namecheap.
Sorry, but bad luck has nothing to do with it.
It happened but not let's make an excuse for it.

Fact is, no one posting actually knows what happened or perhaps I missed the announcement about it.
Could have been a problem with namecheap. Could have been a problem of someone not seeing an email from namecheap.
Sorry, but bad luck has nothing to do with it.
It happened but not let's make an excuse for it.

This announcement? http://xenforo.com/community/threads/site-access-domain-renewal.32365/#post-369539

Its as simple as it sounds. Despite having auto-renew enabled... it did not auto-renew...

XenForo is not the only company / person this has happened to... its just bad luck that it happened to them at this particular moment in time.

Sh*t happens, systems fail, stuff gets missed - that's life, it's not the end of the World as we know it! :rolleyes:

I'm sure I read about Microsoft (yes, Microsoft) being in exactly this situation years ago.

So an auto-renew failed...no biggie, no foul and certainly no mileage for any conspiracy theorists.

That auto-renewal. It took them over four years to implement, and that was only recently (March 2012). Very pathetic considering what year we live in and that virtually anything goes with credit cards nowadays.
Yeah it took namecheap FOREVER to implement this. I'm not shocked that there are errors with it.

Begs the question, why use them?

From what I've seen in this thread, they're crap.

Namecheap's control panel is too much confuzing to me. I'm a platinium onlinenic reseller, directi & resellerclub, used godaddy and namecheap but the easiest and cleanest is name.com so far. Their customer support is great and you get friendly, detailed responses.

... used godaddy and namecheap but the easiest and cleanest is name.com so far. Their customer support is great and you get friendly, detailed responses.

I recently migrated my 500+ domains from GoDaddy to name.com - have been happy so far. Their control panel is a little clunky, but I've been able to do what I need without too much drama.

I avoid GoDaddy and if anyone ever asks me for advice about registrars, I recommend they do the same.

I've been using Dynadot for years, pretty happy with the service. They do charge $2 for privacy every year, though. Honestly, all registrars are the same... they all make little "mistakes" eventually. :)

This is actually an on-going issue with many namecheap customers for a while now (Myself included).

I lost about 10 domains, and only found out I wasn't receiving notifications (I don't set all my domains to auto-renewal), so didn't realize any were expiring. The ones that were set to auto-renew didn't (Including my main domain, and one for an upcoming project of mine), and I only discovered due to my emails not working for the main site.

Namecheap has a great CP. I'd much rather use them over GoDaddy and I do. I know there are other registrars out there but after using namecheap, I haven't looked back.

I'm looking at moving all of my domains to Gandi (http://gandi.net). They're more expensive, but they provide better customer service, and they offer a lot of domains other places don't.

This is actually an on-going issue with many namecheap customers for a while now (Myself included).

I lost about 10 domains, and only found out I wasn't receiving notifications (I don't set all my domains to auto-renewal), so didn't realize any were expiring. The ones that were set to auto-renew didn't (Including my main domain, and one for an upcoming project of mine), and I only discovered due to my emails not working for the main site.

I'm looking at moving all of my domains to Gandi (http://gandi.net). They're more expensive, but they provide better customer service, and they offer a lot of domains other places don't.
I've namely been with namecheap, gandi and domaindiscount24. Namecheap takes the crown for me. Gandi has atrocious support from my experience. Domaindiscount24 is fairly sweet, but namecheap has my preference. Never had an issue with them.

Not that I'm proud of it, but this happened to me as well once. Back then it was a problem with the credit card, not with the registrar. So unless you know exactly what went wrong, please don't blame Namecheap ...

I'm kinda relieved these things happen to other people as well ^^

Luckily, this seems to have been a lot of adieu about nothing. It seems to have been an issue with this namecheap registrar. Ehh, seems like a problem with their service, one that has been fixed as the domain has been renewed and we can all access the forum now.

(Nothing to see here, move along....XF remains as good as it was yesterday, maybe not a good as it will be tomorrow, next month or next year).

Luckily, this seems to have been a lot of adieu about nothing. It seems to have been an issue with this namecheap registrar. Ehh, seems like a problem with their service, one that has been fixed as the domain has been renewed and we can all access the forum now.

(Nothing to see here, move along....XF remains as good as it was yesterday, maybe not a good as it will be tomorrow, next month or next year).

We hope that your crystal ball is correct.

astrology-gypsy-with-crystal-ball-thumb16231468.jpg

Top Bottom