'XenForo Awareness' is rising... (The Admin Zone)

Just read some of the "negative comments" and I am amazed at some of them... I mean, you could think they were talking about a religion or something. This is just forum software people, no need to start with the hating. Like it? Take it. Hate it? Leave it. Simple as that.
I certainly would not pay attention to the negative things said on other forums. If I paid attention to those types of things regarding my forum, or even myself, it would not change anything I do, nor help in any way.

Regardless of industry there will always be groups that like complain, and somehow feel more important about themselves, for doing so. It usually is a tiny %, may a dozen or so, at least in our industry there are a few people that drift from forum to forum doing that.

Just read some of the "negative comments" and I am amazed at some of them... I mean, you could think they were talking about a religion or something. This is just forum software people, no need to start with the hating. Like it? Take it. Hate it? Leave it. Simple as that.

I don't think you've ever been involved in any of the following 'discussions': Comparisons of Emacs and Vi, What is the best OS (or best distro), What is the best programming language (or even paradigm), and Where should braces be put.

People are entitled to their opinions - both positive and negative. It's how you respond to those comments which will settle things down or turn it into a flamewar. Disagreements are a fact of life - let's be honest, life would be very boring if everyone agreed all the time ;)

Well administrators become members on other forums.... and some of them seem to be under the impression that they can do the things they dislike seeing happen on their own forums . It can be mildly amusing sometimes ;)

Well administrators become members on other forums.... and some of them seem to be under the impression that they can do the things they dislike seeing happen on their own forums . It can be mildly amusing sometimes ;)
I just don't get that mentality.

I get annoyed, frustrated and pissed off at people quite often on forums that I don't run, however I try to stay as professional as possible (Not always, but the majority of the time).

I'll admit I find it amusing, but more because of the pure hypocrisy many people spout when they do the same. 

People are entitled to their opinions - both positive and negative. It's how you respond to those comments which will settle things down or turn it into a flamewar. Disagreements are a fact of life - let's be honest, life would be very boring if everyone agreed all the time ;)

What a load of rubbish!

(joke ;) :p )

Wasn't this thread about awareness of XF outside here? Which I think is important.

So far the atmosphere here is cool, friendly ladylike and gentlemanly. Also cat approved - these small predators much prefer4 lazing about and doing creative yaoga. Now and again a squabble for fun but nothing too serious. Strokes you can't have enough.

Top Bottom