XF 1.2 Xenforo 1.2 software upgrade

Hi everyone,

I'm needing t update our Xenforo software as it's very out of date, currently at 1.2.2......and have been recommended to use *******.

Can anyone give me some advice into whether to use those guys (they say they need access to our Xenforo code in the server). Is this normal practice? Should I just use the Xenforo upgrade instead. We also have many plugins too that we don't really want to be affected by an upgrade...

Help.

Thanks,

have been recommended to use *******
By whom?
That person has been banned from this forum - you may want to read up about them.

We also have many plugins too that we don't really want to be affected by an upgrade
Any add-ons you currently use will likely require updating when going from 1.2 to 1.5 - there are significant changes to the code, functionality, and style.

Okay, I've just digged deaper and it looks like a lot of people won't recommend using them. lots of backdoor viruses etc? Plsu, they are asking for a lot more than the current price of the Xenforo software upgrade of $50!

Definitely not a good choice going for that company then I take it?

Bear in mind that the official upgrade service covers the XF software and official add-ons only.

Any subsequent work related to third party add-ons, styles, and language packs and getting them to work with the latest version, or upgrading/removing them, would not be covered.

"Any subsequent work related to third party add-ons, styles, and language packs and getting them to work with the latest version, or upgrading/removing them, would not be covered."

Ah, thanks! They told me they can work with the current add-ons we currently have:

Screen Shot 2017-03-03 at 13.37.01.webp
From the looks of it, some of these ware official XF add-ons?

I really am now starting to think I should just pay the $50 to get an XF associate to do the work for us. Either way, if the add-ons we have are not official XF, then we may as well go the cheaper option with you guys and re-install/ upgrade any outdated add-ons. If that makes sense?

From the looks of it, some of these ware official XF add-ons?
The only official XF add-ons are the ones listed here: https://xenforo.com/purchase/

Everything else is third party.

We can certainly do the core upgrade but I can't comment on how much additional work would be required with the add-ons, or even if there are compatible versions for all of them for the latest XF version.
Doing some groundwork in advance will help to minimise any disruption and downtime.

Back
Top Bottom