XenForo 1.2 - Need more infos for possible investment

The ones above were posted while I was typing. ;)

No, it isn't, because the 3rd party addons are not from XF nor supported by them. It is like saying you can not fully experience what a new car would be like unless you were first allowed to drive it over to your local Pep Boys, stick every doodad & gadget on it, and then drive it around for a while like that for free.

A webmaster who wants to build a community couldn't care less if add-ons are coded by third-parties or by the XenForo team. I would have never bought XenForo if it wasn't for the add-ons that extends XF with essential features that other forum scripts provide out of the box since years.

A webmaster who wants to build a community couldn't care less if add-ons are coded by third-parties or by the XenForo team. I would have never bought XenForo if it wasn't for the add-ons that extends XF with essential features that other forum scripts provide out of the box since years.
Doesn't change the situation though. Does vB allow you to download anything you want from vBulletin.org without being licensed? Does IPS?

Doesn't change the situation though. Does vB allow you to download anything you want from vBulletin.org without being licensed? Does IPS?
No, it's not only XenForo. If you really want to investigate a commercial forum software, you need to buy a license first, regardless of admin demos (the only exception that I am aware of is Woltlab Burning Board, that provides a free and full usable "lite" version of their commercial product and you can download plugins from their plugin store simply as a guest).

Top Bottom