XenForo 1.1: Your impressions & discoveries

Another thing that is highly irritating is the notices in 1.1.

Automated scrolling notices? it just simply doesn't work, no one user reads at the same speed so I feel this alone was a big big mistake and in my mind it's a "cosmetic" thing. I can live with that though the notice scrolling can be adjusted/disable.

What is most annoying is the notice system working fully hinges on that you don't want to hide (toggle) your sidebar on the index page or any other pages where sideblocks are displayed and the notices cut short at 600px or thereabouts displaying the next notice if it's enable or as said cut short if it's one notice displayed globally. I dunno, I'm very unhappy with it.

Very disappointed with this feature a feature i always liked and classed as a favorite now being an irritation.

not sure I entirely understand, but maybe this would be a solution?
instead of having the notices "scroll", it might be better to "blend them in" like for example at this website:

http://uk.alibaba.com/

see the 4 images (1, 2, 3, 4) which are "blending in" (I guess that's the right wording for it?), so it is not scrolling left-right or up-down.

Maybe Kier+Mike could add something like this as an additional option ?

Another thing that is highly irritating is the notices in 1.1.

Automated scrolling notices? it just simply doesn't work, no one user reads at the same speed (...)
Mouse hover stops the scrolling, it's just to show off that there is more than one I guess. Do you still hate it?

Mouse hover stops the scrolling, it's just to show off that there is more than one I guess. Do you still hate it?

I think your missing my point. I don't like the automated scrolling but it's not a feature killer for me. the other issue definitely is. Ignoring your sarcasm I do understand the notice system so obviously your not going to relate to the issue i mentioned unless your building your own framework or using a standalone sidebar toggle which is conflicting with the notice system.

not sure I entirely understand, but maybe this would be a solution?
instead of having the notices "scroll", it might be better to "blend them in" like for example at this website:

http://uk.alibaba.com/

see the 4 images (1, 2, 3, 4) which are "blending in" (I guess that's the right wording for it?), so it is not scrolling left-right or up-down.

Maybe Kier+Mike could add something like this as an additional option ?

That looks pretty cool.

Having more options for the transitions would be nice. Currently can you control the scroll speed?

Currently speed and horizontal/vertical transition can be controlled.

So where is the scroll speed control option? I can't see one to change in the notice settings?

Also, I have another question? I have enabled mine so only unregistered group see them. I have enabled the option to dismiss them, but when viewing my own forum as a guest logged-out I see no dismiss button to click.

Style Properties -> Notices

The dismiss option isn't available to guests as it is stored in the database, not cookie based.

Ah! Thanks I wasn't aware there was another settings option there for notices. Jeez, I'm raw using XenForo right now. :cautious:

I suspected as much with guests, fair enough and it makes sense that.

Top Bottom