• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[XenFans] Let's get started .. (for 0 posters) [Template Modification]

• Thread starter Thread starter Floris
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone asked if we can prevent it from showing on the register page.
YEEESSSS - Kier figured out what we could use, and I figured out how to use it on the register page.
The plugin version will have this.

erich, I think you could copy/paste the facebook code from the login_bar template to this one? I will look into it.

Hopefully the plugin will have a new option in the admin options section, that when enabled, it will spit out the meta description - so you could use that as a short introduction to the board.

anyway, in regards to those who use the templates, if you don't want the welcome block for guests to show on the register page, then open the template, find this:

<xen:if is="!{$visitor.user_id}>

that starts the welcome block

replace it with this:

<xen:if is="!{$visitor.user_id} AND {$controllerName} != 'XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register'">

And it should show on all pages, but register.

erich, i believe that's what you requested :D

I've made a few minor changes to the plugin and thought about the settings I wanted.
Here's a preview of the plugin's admin.php > options > xenfans welcome blocks options as i have it on rc1 (will port over to rc2 later).

Screen%20shot%202011-02-08%20at%203.44.46%20PM.png

What I need help with is to figure out how to use those options settings inside my template. So I can check against them and display (or not) elements and have it more automated, etc.

I am quite excited about releasing this as a free product to xenforo/xenfans, since I am getting great feedback from you guys.

If someone wants to help out make the source code with me, i can pc you a link to the rc2 dropbox version later, so you can edit the product with some php code and increment the server by one and return the .zip

addon rc1 walkthrough
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great suggestions, I will look into it this week when I have time. I think I also sorted out why my xenOptions usage wasn't working. A plugin for rc2 should be realized later this month.

Very promising as soon as I figure out why my 2 square google ads are enclosed in the greeting box, rather than above or below it. I assume its some float element doing it. I hate CSS. (Nice job though by vertical response, getting in the xenforo content game).
xenfans_template_addon.webp

Try adding: <div style="clear:both"></div> above or below these blocks, maybe that should fix it.
I will look into this, I've noticed the <p class="importantMessage"> breaks when you add say <hr /> inside it. Not sure it's my code or xenforo's.

No, it will be in English only. Translations is up to others. But yes, I will put as many text into phrases, so they can be translated.

Phrases are available on every style. If it is not put into a phrase, it will be that non translated English it is in.
If it is a phrase, you can go to admin.php and find the phrase, and translate it to any available language installed.

Template version: <div> This is nice </div> (can only show in default)
Product version: <div> {phrase: xenfans_welcome_this_is_nice} </div> (can be changed from admin area into any installed language)

You can replace /offtopic/ with the unique id of the forum. Clicking on the forum title in the node display list will load it, the id is in the url.

I will make a video. By the way, the video will demonstrate how you can find ANY unique id.

thanks Floris !

it works also with a 3-words-Forum-name, by just copying the URL-portion, e.g. "discussion-and-fun.23"

You can even rename it to /anything-you-want-lololoo.23/

as long as it is the valid url option, ending with .23 or the Real url slug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom