Resource icon

XenFacil Birthday Greetings 4.4b

No permission to download
Well, I installed it using the install / upgrade addon by Chris D ---- and it gave me Italian language for the admincp. Then I installed the English language xml, and it still gave me the admincp in Italian.
With all due respect, the add-on works fine, in English, why not stop faffing about and just install it the old school way?

With all due respect, the add-on works fine, in English, why not stop faffing about and just install it the old school way?

It addon is suppose to be compatible with the install/upgrade addon, and it didn't work for me. Should I not report that it didn't install properly for me?

It addon is suppose to be compatible with the install/upgrade addon, and it didn't work for me. Should I not report that it didn't install properly for me?
Well it seems to me if Chris's addon isn't installing it properly for you then Chris is the one you should be talking to. It installs fine if you don't use his addon

Then I installed the English language xml, and it still gave me the admincp in Italian
I can not understand why the control panel is installed in the Italian language when you only have this add-on into Spanish and English languages. I do not speak Italian I have not add-ons in Italian language. Use the xml file provided in the root zip file. this file is in english language. The english language into 'Translation' directory is an english translation xml file.
This explanation is for if can help you. Into backend, right bottom side, you have the laguage switcher. Click it and select the english language for the admin control panel.

Salud2

I can not understand why the control panel is installed in the Italian language when you only have this add-on into Spanish and English languages.

then maybe it was Spanish -- I don't speak either, but it looked Italian.

The zip file structure is
Code:
InstalarEspañol (directory)
  |------- addon-xfBirthdayGreetings_es_ES-4.xml
Traduccion (directory)
  |------- Idioma-Espanol-(xfBirthdayGreetings)-4.xml
Translation (directory)
  |------- language-English-(xfBirthdayGreetings)-4.xml
upload (directory)
  |------- library (directory)
                            |-------XenFacil (directory)
                                          |------- BirthdayGreetings (directory)
                                                        |------- CronEntry (directory)
                                                                      |------- Birthdays.php
                                                        |------- Listener (directory)
                                                                      |------- Listener.php
                                                        |------- Model (directory)
                                                                      |------- Usuario.php
                                                        |------- Option (directory)
                                                                      |------- SelectGroups.php
                                                        |-------  BirthdayGreetingsWidget.php
  |------- styles (directory)
  |-------|
              |------- Fel.png
              |------- greetings.png
addon-xfBirthdayGreetings-4.xml
The english install file is into zip root => addon-xfBirthdayGreetings-4.xml file.
The spanish install file is into "InstalarEspañol" directory => addon-xfBirthdayGreetings_es_ES-4.xml file.
The english language translation is into "Translation" directory => language-English-(xfBirthdayGreetings)-4.xml file.
The spanish language tanslation is into Traduccion" directory => Idioma-Espanol-(xfBirthdayGreetings)-4.xml file.
  1. English Install/upgrade:
    1. Unzip the zip file.
    2. Upload by ftp the contents of "upload" folder to your root forum.
    3. Go to ACP -> Home -> Install Add-on (List Add-ons for upgrade -> mousse over into right arrow and select Upgrade Add-on from pop-up) -> Install (Upgrade) from uploaded file -> Press buttom 'Choose Files' and select into the unzip root => addon-xfBirthdayGreetings-4.xml file and click Install (Upgrade) Add-on buttom.
  2. For english translation:
    1. Upload by ftp the contents of "upload" folder to your root forum.
    2. Go to ACP -> Appearance -> Import a Language -> Import from uploaded file -> Press buttom 'Choose Files' and select into the Translation directory => language-English-(xfBirthdayGreetings)-4.xml file -> Import as: select Overwrite language and select english or your languaje and click Import buttom.

Salud2

Last edited:
The Install & Upgrade Add-on of @Chris D say:
Chris D said:
With Install & Upgrade you can upload either a single ZIP file or multiple ZIP files.

Install & Upgrade will work with any add-on (no specific directory structure required). There's no separate page or form to install upgrades either. If the add-on is already installed, it will be detected and perform an upgrade instead.

What's the benefit of installing from multiple ZIP files? Only one cache rebuild!
I understand that the add-on first english install and them re-install the spanish version. I understand this may be a add-on bug.

Salud2

The add-on installer can't be expected to anticipate it will receive an add-on that has two different add-on install XML files inside it.

This is an odd set up, IMO.

Why have an English install and a Spanish install and an English translation and a Spanish translation?

If there was only one add-on XML and one language XML it would work fine, and probably be less confusing overall. Less work for you, too, I imagine?

If there was only one add-on XML and one language XML it would work fine, and probably be less confusing overall. Less work for you, too, I imagine?
I accept the suggestions for future versions. Thank you very much for this.

Salud2

lms updated XenFacil Birthday Greetings with a new update entry:

package with only a languaje install and only a (spanish) translation

Package with only a languaje install and only a (spanish) translation.
If you alredy have installed the add-on, you do not have to do anything. This version is the same as the version 4.4a but only one language to install and translate.

This prevents conflicts when installing the add-on with the Install & Upgrade add-on by Chris D

Salud2

Read the rest of this update entry...

In Usuario.php I replace code:
PHP:
  if (in_array($userBirthdays['display_style_group_id'], $opciones->xfBG_select_groups))
with:
PHP:
  if (in_array($userBirthdays['user_group_id'],$opciones->xfBG_select_groups) ||
  array_intersect(explode(',', $userBirthdays['secondary_group_ids']),$opciones->xfBG_select_groups))
Then I can select one group "Registered" for all registered users, or "Administrators" for admins only. Before changing the code I had to choose almost all the groups to work correctly for all users. It is not right.

In Usuario.php I replace code:
with:
Then I can select one group "Registered" for all registered users, or "Administrators" for admins only. Before changing the code I had to choose almost all the groups to work correctly for all users. It is not right.
I'll remember for the next update. Thanks for pointing.

Salud2

Top Bottom