XenCentral Multisite System 2

XenCentral Multisite System 2 [Paid] 2.1.0 Release Candidate 2

No permission to buy (€69.99)
Thanks for the prompt reply! Ok no problem, thanks for letting me know so that I can ignore this for now.

Hopefully in the future this will be supported (domains on a subdir)! 🤞(As you said most functionality works fine so it might be worth fixing these small things here and there :D )

Thanks for the prompt reply! Ok no problem, thanks for letting me know so that I can ignore this for now.

Hopefully in the future this will be supported (domains on a subdir)! 🤞(As you said most functionality works fine so it might be worth fixing these small things here and there :D )
What is the reason for using subdirectories instead of subdomains?

What is the reason for using subdirectories instead of subdomains?
Because in my case I have multiple domains and each's forum needs to be on a different sub-directory for specific reasons.

For example:
Domain: www.example1.com - Forum path /forum/
Domain: www.example2.com - Forum path /help/
Domain: www.example3.com - Forum path /support/

/forum/ is the actual XF installation. /help/ and /support/ are just symlinks to /forum/. With the help of XenCentral they all point to a specific category of the same XF installation. Does it make sense? :)

I know how multisite works, I'm trying to understand why you don't use a subdomain, what your specific reasons are. You can do all that with subdomains. Directories are pretty hacky for what you're attempting to do.

I know that this can be done with subdomains and I can do it, it'd be pretty easy. At the current time I don't want to deal with any SEO hit for any period of time (short or long).

Do you have any sort of options to deal with search engine duplicate content penalties? Is it possible to specify a primary domain for a particular node and have the robots file/sitemap updated?

Questions :)

I have 2 domains. On the same server. Each domain is in its own dir off the root.

I have 1 forum already up and running on one of the domains (domain1) which is in /public_html/forums.

The second domain (domain2) pointing to /domain2 of the root of the server.

I was looking to share the domain2 user database with domain1 which is in a different folder off the root and I can't point domain2 to /public_html/forums because the content is completly different and there is an actual website below /forums on domain1

I was thinking multisite may be a way to share the user DB of domain1 with domain2 which would have the same look and style as domain2's actual site.

The only caveat I can see here is that in the docs you say that domain1 and domain2 must point to the same folder which is not possible in my case due to the rest of the each domains content needing to have its own folder off the root. Is there something really obvious I am missing to make this work?

Thanks!

Hello, @Rushster ! Multisite System allows creating forums with their separate sub-domains/domains on the same database and file system. No different file systems and databases will work with Multisite System. So if you want to keep the file systems and databases separate, Multisite System can not be used to share users or anything else. Thank you!

Hello, @Rushster ! Multisite System allows creating forums with their separate sub-domains/domains on the same database and file system. No different file systems and databases will work with Multisite System. So if you want to keep the file systems and databases separate, Multisite System can not be used to share users or anything else. Thank you!

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking that if I use a subdomain on domain2, for example, forums.domain2.com and point that at the forum root of domain1, it should work right?

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking that if I use a subdomain on domain2, for example, forums.domain2.com and point that at the forum root of domain1, it should work right?

@Rushster Sorry, missed your reply somehow. Yes, if you point the second domain/subdomain to the root of domain1, so it shows the same content as domain1 before configuring Multisite System, then yes, it will work. Thank you!

XCentral updated XenCentral Multisite System 2 with a new update entry:

XenCentral Multisite System 2.1.0 Release Candidate 1 Released

Hello everyone!

This is the first Release Candidate release of Multisite System. The add-on is being tested and used for a long time already and it can be considered as ready for production use now. However, it is always recommended to do a test set up of the system you are going to build, test it thoroughly, and then migrate it to the live installation.

Release overview:

1) 303 redirects of forums and threads to the correct domain is replaced with 301 permanent redirects.
2) A new option...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello, @DGG We haven't done special tests for Multisite System with XPress setup. You should test the setup you want to achieve to see what works and what does not for you. If you'll need any help, feel free to contact us by submitting a ticket. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom