Xen Notices [Deleted]

Very nice. I added an image and it worked wonderfully. However, the previous version would load each time I went to a new page. This one only flashed up once and then didn't return when I went to a new page though I never dismissed.

I'll send you a link to the error log.

Update: I uninstalled, re-upped the folders and re-installed. Not working at the moment.
Jeff. A requested feature from many was for the close button to dismiss the notification temporarily.

By default it will close until your next browser session.

You can put it back to how it was by unticking the option on the list notifications page.

Very nice. I added an image and it worked wonderfully. However, the previous version would load each time I went to a new page. This one only flashed up once and then didn't return when I went to a new page though I never dismissed.

I'll send you a link to the error log.

Update: I uninstalled, re-upped the folders and re-installed. Not working at the moment.

Same for me. Since a have update to 1.2 i have seen the notification 1 time. it's not display anymore. I have unchecked the temporary dismiss, try several options but no effect.

What browser are you using?

Have you restarted your browser after turning the temporary dismiss off?

How have you got the notification configured?

I can see it is installed as the JavaScript for it is being loaded, but I can't see any sign of Notifications being presented.

Are they configured to only show for certain usergroups?

If you like, update my account (same name) on your site as an Administrator, but only give me the "Manage Notifications" permission. I will then be happy to take a look for you.

I've just been asked a question and I thought I would post my response here too in case anyone else is wondering.

The order e-mails you receive all state that there is a 3 download limit. And the download link is identical each version. So you may be beginning to wonder what happens when I release the fourth update!

Don't worry, the download count is reset for each version released so this should never be an issue.

If, for whatever reason, you do need to download the same version more than 3 times, let me know as I can reset the limit for you.

Yorick updated Notifications - powered by Gritter with a new update entry:

Fixes notifications not displaying if temporary dismissal is turned off

This release is a very minor bug fix. You will receive the update as normal by e-mail, but none of the core files have changed. Therefore, no real reason to upload any files. On this occasion, just upgrade the add-on in the Admin CP using the XML file included.

1.2a Fixes:
  • Fixed issue with Cookie check that prevented notifications completely if temporary dismissal was turned off.

Please remember to rate the add-on :)

Thank you for your continued support.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Good work with the updates chris. :)

getting an error when i run the xml file though on this one.

Mysqli statement execute error : Unknown column 'showavatar' in 'xf_notification'
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in GritterNotifications/Install.php at line 46
  4. GritterNotifications_Install::installer()
  5. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  6. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 212
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/bbsmiley/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Good work with the updates chris. :)

getting an error when i run the xml file though on this one.

Mysqli statement execute error : Unknown column 'showavatar' in 'xf_notification'
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in GritterNotifications/Install.php at line 46
  4. GritterNotifications_Install::installer()
  5. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  6. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 212
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/bbsmiley/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Do you know why that's happened?

Because I'm an idiot.

New version in a moment :(

I'm happy to report all the bugs have been taken care, would Mr. Chris Deeming now please fulfill my request? :P

Just realized the colour pallettes in the screenshot of yours chris are floated to the right. Hadn't realised before i took the screenshot and mocked up a suggestion. Is this going to be floated to the right in the next version?

stylepicker.webp

Top Bottom