Xen Media Gallery (Media Gallery for XenForo) [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I'm just working on this right now which will help:

lkBYpxi.png

I haven't actually implemented any of the conditionals yet, but if all of those were unchecked then you would have thumbs that look like:

pikoKod.png

I know you gonna kick me now :D but some additional questions please:

- will it be possible to integrate the XF-Forum via a "Discussion Tab" (same as at the RM) and ditch the "Comments" ?
- will it be possible to also post "Files" (e.g. a .pdf-file) in addition to photos and videos ?
- will it be possible to use a different layout like "Desandro styles" and endless scrolling (instead of "paging") ?
- will it be possible to put the whole thing onto the Homepage ?

:)

Last edited:
Future feature request: Image scraper.

Basically you enter a URL and it scrapes all images from that page and you can select which one gets posted. I own a open source pinterest clone if you need to see code on how one is made as an example. This feature basically makes it easy for computer illiterate people to find images they want to post.

- will it be possible to integrate the XF-Forum via a "Discussion Tab" (same as at the RM) and ditch the "Comments" ?
Why not just upload an image to a thread in that case?
You're not the first person to ask this but I just don't understand it.

will it be possible to also post "Files" (e.g. a .pdf-file) in addition to photos and videos ?
What is the point of a pdf in a media gallery?
How is looking at a thumbnail of the Adobe pdf icon interesting?
It's a gallery not a resource manager.

1) No plans for this right now.
2) It's a gallery... There's no real benefit I can see of hosting generic files on there. That would need the Resource Manager or some other download manager.
3) No plans for endless scrolling.
4) As with absolutely any XenForo add-on, you can use Route Changer or the upcoming Route Filters feature (XenForo 1.2) to set "xenmediagallery" as the index controller.

I know you gonna kick me now :D but some additional questions please:

- will it be possible to also post "Files" (e.g. a .pdf-file) in addition to photos and videos ?
- will it be possible to use a different layout like Desandro-styles and endless scrolling (instead of "paging") ?
- will it be possible to put the whole thing onto the Homepage ?

I bet you could use the NoForo add on to turn this into your home page and get rid of the forums...

It's a gallery not a resource manager.
With our old environment (vB with gallery) we would load PDF files into the gallery of stuff like movie scripts & original stories that were static in content and then I had a bespoke hack in place to view the PDF embedded inline instead of first having to download it. The users liked it.

Why not just upload an image to a thread in that case?
You're not the first person to ask this but I just don't understand it.

We do have a perfect Forum-software here.... and why should it not be utilized and being favoured over a "Comments System" ?

:cool:

Last edited:
Future feature request: Image scraper.

Basically you enter a URL and it scrapes all images from that page and you can select which one gets posted. I own a open source pinterest clone if you need to see code on how one is made as an example. This feature basically makes it easy for computer illiterate people to find images they want to post.

exactly

Last edited:

you would not be looking at a thumbnail of an Adobe icon.
you would be looking at certain text/content which is written in the .pdf-File.

So imagine you make a screenshot of the text/content from that .pdf-file and post it as an "image".

Last edited:
Thanks for your suggestions Erich.

They have been made so currently no need to discuss further until such a time the suggestion is considered.

Just want to draw a line under one suggestion straight away, actually.

I have absolutely zero plans to include any document related functionality in the gallery.

That being said, the "Embed a Video" feature supports any BB Code Media site that you have configured for use on your forum. I'm 99.9% sure there is some sort of online service - maybe even Google Docs would be suitable - that you could create a BB Code Media site for. That would, in theory, allow you to embed a document into the gallery.

Primarily this feature is for video, but the power is in the hands of the gallery owner to create any BB Code Media sites they please to display all sorts of weird and wonderful media.

Currently, when a user clicks on a video while browsing a video gallery, the video plays inline. Could you add a setting so when they click on the video they are taken to the video entry instead of playing the video inline?
Is that needed?
Certainly with a youtube video you have the option to click the "youtube" button to take you to the site directly.

Otherwise if you right click does this code appear with other media also?
Capture.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom