Xen Media Gallery (Media Gallery for XenForo) [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm. Ok, as an example, we do a what are you wearing today picture thread. I know for a fact that my bunch of bums wouldn't want to start uploading photos twice, because they're lazy like that. But, I do know that they would like to have the option to sort through all the clothing images at once, and be able to sort through all of their own. Sort of like their own personal picture gallery. So if option A of having the images cross posted wouldn't work, could there be an option B setup that might get the job done in a similar way?

Last edited:
The only immediate way I can think of is to disable attachment uploading in the node where these picture threads happen. That would force them to have to use the Gallery.

The only immediate way I can think of is to disable attachment uploading in the node where these picture threads happen. That would force them to have to use the Gallery.
Unfortunately, that wouldn't work because it would neuter the rest of the node, which is also very pic heavy but not necessarily something that we would need cataloged.

The HTML renderer in Widget Framework only parses HTML.

It requires a new template to be created.

For multiple styles, you can create the template in the Master Style or a parent style to recurse any customisations through all your styles.

The HTML renderer in Widget Framework only parses HTML.

It requires a new template to be created.
That's right, it was the only way I could do it.

For multiple styles, you can create the template in the Master Style or a parent style to recurse any customisations through all your styles.
A good solution for multiple styles. :)

@Adam Howard, maybe you could ask xfrocks if he could implement a Raw HTML widget?

Chris Deeming updated Xen Media Gallery (User Albums, Photos, Videos, Importers) with a new update entry:

Xen Media Gallery 2.0.1 Released

Xen Media Gallery 2.0.1 has been released which includes the following changes:
  • Fixed bug where some columns were not created during a clean install
  • [xfr] User Albums importer now imports categories as viewable by all usergroups
  • Fixed error caused by deleting/moving media from a category that might have a count of 0.
  • Improved the deletion and cleanup process of a category.
  • Resolved an issue where the default album privacy was not recorded if a user did not have permission to choose their own album privacy.
  • Resolved an issue where a video embed added to a newly created album would not record the correct media privacy and album ID.
  • Resolved an issue where a server may dislike the default temp path for image files during processing.
  • Resolved an issue where using 'all' as the $categories param would not show media from all viewable categories in media blocks.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'm not sure what a "raw HTML widget" would do that isn't already available.
In XenPorta there is a RawHyperText block, into which you can paste the code for the media block, making it simple to add - it can cope with all of the <xen:> tags etc, whereas the Widget Framework's [Advanced] HTML renderer doesn't. That's why I used the [Advanced] Template (without wrapper) renderer and created a separate template.

I understand now :)

What xfrocks would have to do there is just implement a new renderer type which creates a new template in the Master Style. That's basically what Jaxel's block does.

So the only benefit to it, really, is that you don't have to put debug mode on yourself, but I can see why it would be useful.

I tried making a test field but it's not showing up anywhere. ?? Even the Caption field that was already there isn't showing. I've tried a few of the location setting but still nothing.

I have my album set so only I (admin) can view and post to it so it hasn't gone live yet. (waiting on a PP pro importer)

I double checked and I have all set to yes for my account in the Xen media permission section.

First, you need to make sure that the field is usable on the categories you desire, and whether or not you want it available to albums:

upload_2014-1-21_0-39-0.webp

Then, you want to make sure you have permission to set/edit custom fields either for your own media:
upload_2014-1-21_0-40-2.webp

And / or any media:

upload_2014-1-21_0-40-52.webp

Finally, you can input a value in the field by going to the media item and clicking the Edit Tags and Fields tab:

upload_2014-1-21_0-42-7.webp

Once the value has been inputted and saved, the value of that field will appear in the selected display location.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I just upgraded to 2.0.1 and tried to create my first category (after deleting Example Category) and got this error:

Code:
The following error occurred:
Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'view_user_groups' in 'field list'

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1612
    XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1601
    XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1393
    XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenGallery/ControllerAdmin/Media.php at line 249
    XenGallery_ControllerAdmin_Media->actionCategorySave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/admin.php at line 13

The server error, in case it matters:

Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'view_user_groups' in 'field list' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generated By: Rambo, 9 minutes ago
Stack Trace

#0 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('INSERT INTO `xe...')
#1 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), 'INSERT INTO `xe...')
#2 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('INSERT INTO `xe...')
#3 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `xe...', Array)
#4 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1612): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('xengallery_cate...', Array)
#5 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1601): XenForo_DataWriter->_insert()
#6 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1393): XenForo_DataWriter->_save()
#7 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/XenGallery/ControllerAdmin/Media.php(249): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#8 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenGallery_ControllerAdmin_Media->actionCategorySave()
#9 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(65) "http://dressedwell.net/forum/admin.php?xengallery/categories/save"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["xengallery/categories/save"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(11) {
    ["category_title"] => string(1) "1"
    ["category_description"] => string(1) "1"
    ["parent_category_id"] => string(1) "0"
    ["display_order"] => string(1) "1"
    ["usable_media_type"] => string(3) "all"
    ["user_group_type_view"] => string(3) "all"
    ["user_group_type_add"] => string(3) "all"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(42) "/forum/admin.php?xengallery/categories/add"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Last edited:
There is support for HTML widgets (since a long time ago).
@xfrocks yes, you do have the HTML renderers. However, they strip out any <xen:> tags pasted into the HTML box, so they don't work with these. This is why I had to use the [Advanced] Template (without wrapper) renderer and created a separate template. We were just saying that a 'Raw HTML' renderer which would allow <xen:> tags and variables would be good.

Is there a way to make changes to which rich text options are available? I'd like to
remove the 6 & 7 font size option as well as the link, media & image buttons from the comments tab & edit fields tabs.

I would want to do this only in the gallery area but leave all options intact on my forum. Possible?

If not, maybe this could be considered for a future suggestion. :cautious:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom