Xen Media Gallery (Media Gallery for XenForo) [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris,

Does the gallery support any type of adult content media?
Would defeat the purpose of me having a gallery if i or members did
not have any ability/source to upload adult content, and I assume
youtube does not support adult videos, content, etc...

Thanks

There are two types of media (currently) that it supports.

1) Image uploads (upload any image from your computer to the gallery)
2) Media embedding (embed media from other sites to the gallery)

The way media embedding works is that it uses the BB Code Media site feature of XenForo. That means if you can set up a BB Code Media site for it, then you can embed a video into the gallery.

Generally speaking if the video site offers a feature where you can get the HTML code to embed that video into your website then you should be able to create a BB Code Media site for it. Some are really easy to set up, others are a bit more challenging and may require more advanced code to be written.

Ultimately, if a website offers the ability to get the embed code for the video you're watching I'd be very surprised if it wasn't possible to set up a BB Code Media site for it.

I'll be happy to advise on setting up BB Code Media sites once you've purchased. If it's easy and straight forward I can sort it for you no problem. If it requires advanced code to be written such as a callback or regular expressions then there may be an additional charge associated with getting it set up. Alternatively others may be willing to help. EQNoble is a member here who is pretty good at setting up all sorts of weird and wonderful sites. Mutt I believe has already released a pack that contains some Adult video sites compatibility.

EDIT: Yeah Brogan beat me to it :D

ok thats cool....

in the future i would like to setup a tube site, so i will check with you later too see how
hard it would be to setup the code part so take videos from the tube site and import into the gallery...
I assume most advanced tube scripts would support some type of embed process, but in the
meanwhile, I can just utilize adult tube sites that are avail.

Thanks

I'll be happy to advise on setting up BB Code Media sites once you've purchased. If it's easy and straight forward I can sort it for you no problem. If it requires advanced code to be written such as a callback or regular expressions then there may be an additional charge associated with getting it set up. Alternatively others may be willing to help. EQNoble is a member here who is pretty good at setting up all sorts of weird and wonderful sites. Mutt I believe has already released a pack that contains some Adult video sites compatibility.

here is an idea, not sure if you have this or not.

Enhanced google listing...

You know when you do a search for something, you see a lot of boring
stuff, then what catches your eye are those listings that have
pictures, star ratings, etc, that give the index a more enhanced look....

Probably not, sadly. I know most people use XenPorta but there's now many other portals out there plus Widget Framework so there's a few too many out there now to make it feasible for me to fairly create blocks and widgets for them all.

Especially when I have much more important features such as importers and User Albums to concentrate on.

I'm not saying never. But ultimately it's not a priority right now.

There's absolutely nothing to stop another developer from developing and releasing add-ons to my gallery, however. MattW created a few cool add-ons before I stole all his ideas and included them in 1.2.0 ;)
Thank you Chris Deeming (y)

While your answer may not be the popular answer.... I believe it is the right answer. ;)

I've seen a few cool add-ons here "go to hell" (metaphorically speaking) and the development completely side tracked, all because of widgets for 3rd party products. And if that wasn't the case, at the very least they ended up filled with extras & more code for things that other people where not ever going to use (filled with bloat). This sometimes (not always) added to the resources.

So I'm glad you're going to completely focus on your own work and not try to mix / add support for a bunch of outside sources (excluding the importers of course, but I suspect those can be made independently from the actual product).

We have XenMedio installed in our site. Should this be uninstalled and/or deleted first before installing Xen Media Gallery?

No it should be fine.

The only thing is, they both use the /media/ prefix in URLs so once XMG is installed, go to Admin CP > Options > Xen Media Gallery and change "media" to something else.

Well you can always buy it now.

You know user albums are coming and Chris has already stated the price will be increasing at that point.

You do not answer my question, you simply retelling the information that Chris has already said.
In that case I'll refrain from responding to you in future :rolleyes:
If it is to say things that have been said in previous posts, do not respond.

I would buy the addon before the User Album release, we can be warned before for benefit from the current price?

Allan, Chris keeps us up to date almost daily. Updates, sneak peaks and such. He delivers what he says. That shows you can rely about the promised features. So dont linger, buy it. (y)

You do not answer my question, you simply retelling the information that Chris has already said.

If it is to say things that have been said in previous posts, do not respond.
Chances are Chris would post whether or not he was close to a release, and that would serve as your warning. If you missed it you missed it and you get the higher price.

Brogan point is just common sense; the feature you want is already under way, it is already at the low price and the time difference is probably insignificant that there is no point to not buy the add-on now.

You'll also be supporting the developer who you've got an interest in as he's making a product that you're wanting.

Absolutely no reason to give him attitude when he responded perfectly fine.

Reactions: Dan
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom