• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

WordPress 3 Bridge

Firstly Thanks for this great bridge :)

Now is there a addon for WP that will allow me to display a certain amount of Forum threads / posts in a WP widget ?? as i am using WP as my main page / articles i would like to encourage my readers to use the forums and this kinda of widget would really help with that.

Thanks in advanced for any help on this matter.

Regards, Darren

Firstly Thanks for this great bridge :)

Now is there a addon for WP that will allow me to display a certain amount of Forum threads / posts in a WP widget ?? as i am using WP as my main page / articles i would like to encourage my readers to use the forums and this kinda of widget would really help with that.

Thanks in advanced for any help on this matter.

Regards, Darren
This bridge has widget to display posts. It's going to be released :D

Btw, I forgot to introduce another feature of the bridge: it supports widgets now. Threads (tabbed with 3 tabs: new, replied and popular). Users and Poll. If you have Proxy enabled, you can cast your vote directly on the widget (via AJAX). That's pretty neat I think :D
OK, I have this WP Plugin installed and the widgets show up in the Appearance->Widget section of wp-admin, but the widgets/content do not show up on my WordPress home page in the right sidebar. (the "Recent Posts" WP widget is working in that space) The settings show the "XenForo Path" have been "found" and I have entered the XenForo globalSalt setting from my installation. I am not sure why content isn't showing up or how to troubleshoot the problem.

Suggestions?

--Ed

Does this mod actually sync users between WP and Xenforo or just pass along cookie data between the two? Because I'm wondering if I can get my Xen users into the WP database (and synced) then I can use various other things that bridge into WP (Galleries, etc.) and extend that functionality over to my users.

Also, I'm guessing that this doesn't replace WP's commenting system with Xen's forums?

OK, I have this WP Plugin installed and the widgets show up in the Appearance->Widget section of wp-admin, but the widgets/content do not show up on my WordPress home page in the right sidebar. (the "Recent Posts" WP widget is working in that space) The settings show the "XenForo Path" have been "found" and I have entered the XenForo globalSalt setting from my installation. I am not sure why content isn't showing up or how to troubleshoot the problem.

Suggestions?

--Ed
Did you configure correctly the number etc? A screenshot of the Dashboard where you configure it would be great

Does this mod actually sync users between WP and Xenforo or just pass along cookie data between the two? Because I'm wondering if I can get my Xen users into the WP database (and synced) then I can use various other things that bridge into WP (Galleries, etc.) and extend that functionality over to my users.

Also, I'm guessing that this doesn't replace WP's commenting system with Xen's forums?
Yes, a user is created in WordPress for each XenForo user
And yes, comment is not in sync

Suggestions?

--Ed

Ran into this same problem with a site for a client I'm running a test for. WP3.1.1 / XF1.0.1 -- exact same results as quoted above.

Tried restarting from scratch with the same results, everything else is configured in a vanilla fashion. WP @ root level and XF at a sub-directory off the root (./forums).

I seem to be having an issue. When a user creates an account in Xenforo, it creates the user in the xenforo user table, but not in the wordpress user table, so, in essence, they don't exist in wordpress

I seem to be having an issue. When a user creates an account in Xenforo, it creates the user in the xenforo user table, but not in the wordpress user table, so, in essence, they don't exist in wordpress
It doesn't work that way.
WordPress user record will be created when that user logged in (in XenForo) and access WordPress.

Well, I am not sure what I am doing incorrectly then, because the account creates properly for Xenforo and can be logged in, but after logging in that way and going to my wordpress page, the user is not logged on and cannot make any posts.
I do require admin approval for all new users, so I am not sure if that has any affect on things

Well, I am not sure what I am doing incorrectly then, because the account creates properly for Xenforo and can be logged in, but after logging in that way and going to my wordpress page, the user is not logged on and cannot make any posts.
I do require admin approval for all new users, so I am not sure if that has any affect on things
Please temporary disable admin approval and try again. Also, please checked if a new user record has been added in WordPress too

Still no luck. Wordpress is still logged out, but it did create some accounts under word press, so I'm getting closer to getting it to work

Top Bottom