• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

WordPress 3 Bridge

Hey:

1. Why all my new entries have the same author? even if they are made by different XENFORO users?

2. For the author: I'm willing to pay for a custom modification of this. Are you interested?

Thanks!

I have just updated this to 2.1 with an addition of supporting flash uploader. For WordPress 3.0.4, you may need to do manually upgrade if you got problem with automatic upgrade. Not sure why this happens but after I download the whole package and upload it, everything works again. STRANGE, I know

I have just updated this to 2.1 with an addition of supporting flash uploader. For WordPress 3.0.4, you may need to do manually upgrade if you got problem with automatic upgrade. Not sure why this happens but after I download the whole package and upload it, everything works again. STRANGE, I know

Can confirm it all works perfectly on fresh installs and upgrades, live site and localhosted, still using the 2.0 version of your plugin. My settings are:

press.webp

xen config

PHP:
//do the salt again to be sure
$config['globalSalt'] = '123456789';
// fix for subdomains & cookies, make sure the . is first!
$config['cookie']['domain'] = '.myMainDomain.com';

I clear my browser cookies and cache, check im no longer logged in either, login to xenforo, refresh wordpress.
I'm logged in.

Thank you!
wink.png

xfrocks, will the proxy plugin be updated too ? This is happening when I activate the plugin.

This is something i'm interested in as i used a similar bridge in VB before I discontinued it and replaced it with Disqus system.

In the old WP-VB bridge, you can publish a WP post and have it create a thread in one of your forums. Obviously, i would love the registered users to be able to comment on one side and appears on the other side. I allow guest comments so i don't know how it will appear on XF side.

That's strange. I've connected my wordpress to xenforo, but when I insert Meta widget in the sidebar and click "log in" I'm redirected to standard wordpress login form. Same thing with the registration. How can I fix this?

That's strange. I've connected my wordpress to xenforo, but when I insert Meta widget in the sidebar and click "log in" I'm redirected to standard wordpress login form. Same thing with the registration. How can I fix this?
That's correct. This addon make use of the WordPress login form

That's correct. This addon make use of the WordPress login form
But when I try to log in as a simple user it says that I've entered wrong nickname or password.
I remember that previous version redirected me to the forum's login form.

But when I try to log in as a simple user it says that I've entered wrong nickname or password.
I remember that previous version redirected me to the forum's login form.
Err, nope. It uses the WordPress login form. After activating this plugin, you won't be able to login with your WordPress username and password

Err, nope. It uses the WordPress login form. After activating this plugin, you won't be able to login with your WordPress username and password
I try to login with my forum password (I've specially created new test user). The problem is that redirection doesn't work! I still have my wordpress login form instead of redirecting me to forum login.

Combining best of XF and WP
The big lack I find in XF is not having the WYSWYG editor on Pages.
In WP it's SO SO useful to just make quick Pages or quick edits/ updates without coding html. For me as admin it's a quick option and I can also delegate to whoever is the best editor for that topic, not just whoever knows html.
Excellent point.
But the advantage of XF Pages is that they can be inserted in the forum hierarchy.
It would be nice to have the advantages of both systems for Pages.
I'm not all that convinced this is important.

There's no sign yet of a mod to add WYSWYG to XF Pages and the devs have made it clear that this might get done in the core but they are going to be busy with other priorities for quite a while.
XenCarta does this now.

How difficult would it be to ADMIN OPTION add a WP Page into the XF forum hierarchy?
Not easily done I suspect.

WP Page + XF Forum (blog system)
A Page + Forum makes a powerful partnership for discussion.
Exactly.
All we need is to get Jaxel to add a comments thread to the XenCarta Pages.
and then add a method of having XenCarta Pages (and Comments) show up in What's New forum searches !

XenCarta

Top Bottom