Woot! Pricing and Release info :D

Kim

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/beta-release-date-and-pricing.3876/

Oh yeah baby!
ohyeah.gif

If I needed a license, I'd probably pay about $90 for a lifetime license. Its still great software - the only thing that really devalues it is knowing that there wont be any more updates for it.

If I needed a license, I'd probably pay about $90 for a lifetime license. Its still great software - the only thing that really devalues it is knowing that there wont be any more updates for it.

Problem is will whoever owns vBulletin see something coming up very fast in their rear view mirror and try to react to it or not? Note at least one other forum company has decided to up their offering in their next release, which is a good result for their user base and all power to that company.

Problem is will whoever owns vBulletin see something coming up very fast in their rear view mirror and try to react to it or not? Note at least one other forum company has decided to up their offering in their next release, which is a good result for their user base and all power to that company.

If the reaction is anything like vB 4 then it would fail. It seems to me they rushed it into release in order to promote the CMS/Blogging platform - alienating the core of their customers: forum owners.

Personally if I owned vBulletin, I would go back to vB3 and keep that supported for a LOT longer. Yes, releasing vB4 has a sudden burst of income, but the pains that follow are really not worth it.

If the reaction is anything like vB 4 then it would fail. It seems to me they rushed it into release in order to promote the CMS/Blogging platform - alienating the core of their customers: forum owners.

Personally if I owned vBulletin, I would go back to vB3 and keep that supported for a LOT longer. Yes, releasing vB4 has a sudden burst of income, but the pains that follow are really not worth it.

To paraphrase Ray Morgan from the leaked vBulletin mod lounge as published on vbulletinsetup.com by brandon sheley:

existing customers leaving, we run the numbers, and it's an acceptable loss.

They run the numbers, the science is in! They obviously knew beforehand it wouldn't be received well, and that it was about new customers only, and that us existing long term valued customers aren't what makes them money.

To paraphrase Ray Morgan from the leaked vBulletin mod lounge as published on vbulletinsetup.com by brandon sheley:

existing customers leaving, we run the numbers, and it's an acceptable loss.

They run the numbers, the science is in! They obviously knew beforehand it wouldn't be received well, and that it was about new customers only, and that us existing long term valued customers aren't what makes them money.

There's a word for them in the UK... Tossers.

There are several others but I don't want to be banned.

Top Bottom