[WMTech] User Self Delete LITE

[WMTech] User Self Delete LITE 1.1.4

No permission to download
I would like to install this but if I do, what is to stop members who have been prevented from trading (put in a secondary usergroup because they have broken the trading rules) to delete their account and then start a new one to trade again?

I would like to install this but if I do, what is to stop members who have been prevented from trading (put in a secondary usergroup because they have broken the trading rules) to delete their account and then start a new one to trade again?

If you need control over the deletion of some user accounts, you simply can add them to a usergroup where you explicitly disallow the self deletion (there is a user group permission for this).

Also, if you want to protect deleted account names from being used again with a new registration, I can only recommend our [WMTech] Deleted Usernames Protector add-on.

Last edited:
Hi,

thank you for your Addon and your Updates.

One Wish: Please Preload Template as it adds 1 unnecessary DB query on Forum Page:

Code:
SELECT title, template_compiled
FROM xf_template_compiled
WHERE title IN ('account_delete_navigation_visitor_tab')
AND style_id = ?
AND language_id = ?

Hi,

thank you for your Addon and your Updates.

One Wish: Please Preload Template as it adds 1 unnecessary DB query on Forum Page:

Code:
SELECT title, template_compiled
FROM xf_template_compiled
WHERE title IN ('account_delete_navigation_visitor_tab')
AND style_id = ?
AND language_id = ?

This will be available in the Premium version of this add-on. It will also feature a lot of other performance optimizations. Should be ready soon. ;)

wmtech updated [WMTech] User Self Delete LITE with a new update entry:

v1.1.1: Important Bugfix for Uninstall, Log Changes & Compatibility Enhancements

This version provides 2 important bug fixes that are necessary if you ever uninstall this add-on. We recommend to upgrade!

We also reworked the Self Delete User Log in ACP. Since the "Clear Log" feature was never coded for this add-on and thus removed in the last version, the log could only be cleared manually in the database (you needed to be an expert to do this). From this version on we no longer store any requests of already deleted users in the log. This is why the log was renamed to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I've tried registering on your website 5 times in a row now

Please correct the following errors:
  1. Please enter a value that matches the required format.
There are no errors being pointed out or incorrect fields, very frustrating!

I've tried registering on your website 5 times in a row now

Please correct the following errors:
  1. Please enter a value that matches the required format.
There are no errors being pointed out or incorrect fields, very frustrating!

We are very sorry about that. The only field requiring a certain format at registration is the field for your full name. This is a default XenForo error, we also would like it to point to the field which triggers it (suggestion already made years ago). Ragtek once even made an add-on for it.

Please open a support ticket at http://wmtech.net/ and I am sure we can sort it out quickly with you and get you registered.

I had set up my deleted users to have their accounts using the Content Attribution to make them become anonymous but it did not work. The recently deleted user still has the same screen name but deleted. I see now that it needs to be a "valid" user. If I do that the deleted user account will appear active on the board which is not what I want. I wanted to set the user to awaiting user confirmation so the account was not active for people to click on. Can this be fixed?

I had set up my deleted users to have their accounts using the Content Attribution to make them become anonymous but it did not work. The recently deleted user still has the same screen name but deleted. I see now that it needs to be a "valid" user. If I do that the deleted user account will appear active on the board which is not what I want. I wanted to set the user to awaiting user confirmation so the account was not active for people to click on. Can this be fixed?

Unfortunatelly this cannot be fixed, because we do not consider it broken.

The account, you contribute messages of deleted users to, has to be an active account at your forum. But you can use an internal system account, name it how you like (e.g. "Deleted User") and give it any privacy setting you want.

v1.1.2: Minor bugfix

>Version 1.1.2<

Removed the option to change the attribution of content created by deleted users due to the usage of deprecated code in the original codebase.

If you want to retain this option, do not upgrade and accept the error message in your XenForo Server Error Log. It can be disregarded safely.

We recommend everyone to upgrade to the PRO version of this add-on as it uses a much more modern codebase and offers a lot of additional features.

What's New?

v1.1.4 Minor Code Optimizations, PHP 7 Compatibility

> Version 1.1.4<
Minor Code Optimization & PHP 7 Compatibility

This upgrade is recommended for all customers who wish to reinstall this add-on or use PHP 7. There are no bug fixes in this release.

Changelog:

NEW: Enhanced Installation/Uninstallation Code

NEW: PHP 7 Compatibility

Upgrade Instructions:
[wmtech] User Self...

Change Attribution is no longer on the options page. I'm assuming since you guys decided it as a pro only feature. That's fine, but account_delete_explain phrase is still using {name}, which account_delete template sets as $attributionName. The issue is, $attributionName is no longer exist. Thus, on delete your account page, it said:
After deletion your posts and content will remain and will be attributed to "".
Attribution name should have been within those double brackets. For now I edited the template to set {name} as $visitor.username. If I assumed right, then posts of the deleted user will retain the original poster's name, but the account will be deleted. So I suppose that's a valid method for now.

Change Attribution is no longer on the options page. I'm assuming since you guys decided it as a pro only feature. That's fine, but account_delete_explain phrase is still using {name}, which account_delete template sets as $attributionName. The issue is, $attributionName is no longer exist. Thus, on delete your account page, it said:

Attribution name should have been within those double brackets. For now I edited the template to set {name} as $visitor.username. If I assumed right, then posts of the deleted user will retain the original poster's name, but the account will be deleted. So I suppose that's a valid method for now.

The posts will retain the original posters name. Thats correct.
This will be corrected with the next release.

I've used this before, and all it did was cause tens of thousands of broken links to users who no longer existed. Honestly, I have not yet seen one deletion add-on that offered hibernation instead of deletion. All the big social networks hibernate accounts, for exactly this reason... the sheer link back to an account can cause a staggering number of broken links. Hibernation, the profile can be inaccessible or such, PC's, the whole shebang, without deleting the account and thus creating thousands of broken links.

Hibernation can choose to soft delete, or leave as is, all posted content, and just hibernate the account itself from being contacted.

Hibernation would be useful... just my two cents.

Hibernation (or soft delete) is a feature already requested for our User Self Delete PRO add-on and may be added to a future version of it.

The LITE version won't get any feature updates as it is very outdated in regard to it's coding style and will rather get replaced (once XF2 is out) than improved.

Top Bottom