[WMTech] Attachment Manager PRO

[WMTech] Attachment Manager PRO [Paid] 2.0.1

No permission to buy ($29.00)

wmtech

wmtech submitted a new resource:

[WMTech] Attachment Manager PRO - Allow your users to manage, search, list, browse, delete and reuse their attachments

Description:
WMTech's Attachment Manager PRO expands XenForo to allow your users to manage, search, list, browse, delete, reupload and reuse their attachments from a new Attachment Manager account page.

It also provides individual user group permissions for 1) using this add-on, 2) deleting attachments, 3) reupload attachments and 4 additional permissions to restrict the count and size of attachments to forum posts and conversation messages per user or user group or forum.

There is...

Read more about this resource...

Hello, I would like to buy this addon.
But first I need to see the search feature
Can you post a picture to see how a member can search own attachements?
Thanks!

But first I need to see the search feature

Which feature specifically do you refer to?
If you refer to the word "search" in the add-ons tag line: The attachment list can be limited to certain content types and restricted to selected time periods. You cannot search e.g. for items pictured in attachments or attachment file names.

Also there are many screenshots of all features and screens of the product below it's description.

Last edited:
I would not trust this developer. He has been promising for 3 years to update his Double-Post Merge add-on from XenForo 1 to Xenforo 2 and ended up abandoning it. Our forum waited and waited and in the end realized we were stuck with abandoned code in our database. Our upgrade to XenForo 2 was delayed massively because of this. Learned our lesson. :poop:

I would not trust this developer. He has been promising for 3 years to update his Double-Post Merge add-on from XenForo 1 to Xenforo 2 and ended up abandoning it. Our forum waited and waited and in the end realized we were stuck with abandoned code in our database. Our upgrade to XenForo 2 was delayed massively because of this. Learned our lesson. :poop:

Sorry to have not updated a free add-on to XF 2 until now. If you would have contacted us, we could have given you instructions to easily hide the abandoned bbcode of our add-on in a XF 2 installation. You would not have needed to delay anything.

Sometime it helps to ask for support if support is needed. We do support our add-ons.

Also a XF 2.1 update for [WMTech] Double-Post Merge will be released very shortly.

Which feature specifically do you refer to?
If you refer to the word "search" in the add-ons tag line: The attachment list can be limited to certain content types and restricted to selected time periods. You cannot search e.g. for items pictured in attachments or attachment file names.

Also there are many screenshots of all features and screens of the product below it's description.

one thing i was curious of, regarding searching an attachment previously uploaded, for use in a current post.....is how they are displayed....for example, the xfmg use tool does not even support pagination! so if a member has hundreds of attachments in the system, can they practically find them? pagination desc by date or how does it work?

thank you

pagination desc by date or how does it work?

You can demo this add-on at our site https://wmtech.net/.

The attachment list can be limited to certain content types and restricted to selected time periods. It is paginated. It can be desc by date or file size currently, but this will change with one of the next releases.

By "Can reupload attachments", does this mean it makes a copy of the original attachment (so now there's two copies of the same file) or does it mean that is links to the original attachment (so there's only one copy but embedded in two different posts)?

By "Can reupload attachments", does this mean it makes a copy of the original attachment (so now there's two copies of the same file) or does it mean that is links to the original attachment (so there's only one copy but embedded in two different posts)?

It does not make a copy of the same attachment.
It is only one copy attached to several posts, so the original attachment permissions are retained.

It does not make a copy of the same attachment.
It is only one copy attached to several posts, so the original attachment permissions are retained.
Would that mean less server storage is being used?

When images are stripped of the geo tags and such, is their file size lowered?

Would that mean less server storage is being used?

Reducing the size of attachments is not the purpose of this add-on. There are other add-ons you can use to drastically reduce the size of image attachments.

When images are stripped of the geo tags and such, is their file size lowered?

The file size will be a little smaller. But I don't think there will be a significant difference. Again, if small files is very important to you, I would use an add-on to reduce the file size in addition to our add-on here.

@wmtech - I was considering using this addon so our users could re-use previously uploaded attachments.

1. Does it work ok with video attachments?
2. Are there plans to support XF 2.2, which seems there are some editor differences that might affect this?

thanks
arn

@wmtech - I was considering using this addon so our users could re-use previously uploaded attachments.

1. Does it work ok with video attachments?
2. Are there plans to support XF 2.2, which seems there are some editor differences that might affect this?

thanks
arn
1.) It does work with all configured attachments.
2.) It will certainly be upgraded for XF 2.2 if any XF code changes require an update.

1.) It does work with all configured attachments.
2.) It will certainly be upgraded for XF 2.2 if any XF code changes require an update.

I found the demo area. It looks great!

Is it possible to insert full-sized embeds rather than the thumbnail attachments?

I'm starting to allow video uploads -- so it seems like this will help in users not duplicating video uploads which tend to be much larger... but it would make more sense if we could embed as a video or full image, rather than a thumbnail/attachment.

arn

It would be great to use this manager for inserting inline images, not just attachments. XF is sorely missing the ability for users to have their own images to choose from, like VBs attachment manager.

Top Bottom