Will this be the end of vBulletin?

Is this it?

• Total voters
I don't think this is the end for vbulletin. I think they'll die a slow, painful death. Just like Lance said up there.

The thing is this, companies invest millions in technology, and vbulletin is no different. The problem though, is location, location, and location. The technology king of the west is STILL the silicon valley.

It may not be "it" for them right now, but I would be willing to bet that "it" is not too far down the road. They lost me as a customer a few years ago and I'm sure my reasons were not mine alone. I was NEVER able to get support no matter now many times I requested it. I never even got lucky with ONE support issue being handled. While they may be big, I've always believed that the bigger they are, the harder they fall.

This lawsuit is horrible and my thoughts and prayers as well as my support will be with Mike, Kier & Ashley through all of this.

As far as I'm concerned, VB is sooo 5 minutes ago and "It" isn't far away.

let us mourn.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think vB Solutions/IB might be used in future university lectures as a textbook example of how not to run an acquired company. It seems they are continuing in making bad choices and are in a virtuous circle they can't get out of. They obviously are making money ATM, but I think eventually it will backfire on them big time.

I read an article yesterday that IB sold, is that correct? If so, maybe the new owners of the software will be friendlier to customers. Jelsoft was a great company in my humble opinion and i looked forward to upcoming changes. After IB bought them and played all the mind games that it did, it burned me out. I think it burned out allot of people and allot of sites quit upgrading. If a new company with good customer service bought IB, they may be able to stay alive a bit longer. XenForo, will literally be the heck out of VB software if they have great customer service and are willing to take the good and the bad....

I don't think it will be the end. Look at the U.S. for example those bigger companies got a bailout to pay out outrageous bonuses and for those little folks they got the sham and struggled but then those that struggle get by then they will grow to prosper and reap the benefits of life. IB may need to restructure their licensing policy to stay afloat though. Just random thoughts and guesses. I do think they will lose 80% of their customer base though if Xenforo survives this beating.

not the death simply because I believe there are a lot of regular users that are not even aware of XenForo, and there are a lot more that will keep paying just to have the upgrades rather than switch over. I must add IB is probably being the best advertisers of XenForo for those not aware :D

Top Bottom