Resource icon

Widget Framework Upcoming XenAtendo Events Widget 1.0.1

No permission to download
Hi Sadik,
the first thing works well, was my fault...
The second: You can see it live here
Thank you,
Peter:)

Hi Peter,

I can't figure out why your avatar is not showing. This Add-On actually relies on XenAtendo's model to fetch data. All I am doing is making that data available inside the widget. I would recommend you to upgrade and see if that fixes it, if it's a caching error.

Well that's not intuitive at all. I mean, not every event is necessarily going to HAVE a venue! For example, the things I am scheduling are TF2 nights on our private server. No real venue assigned so I had it unchecked.

But I do thank you for the information and now it looks right.

It was actually a css problem because the XenAtendo events css had a max-height set which cut off the Date. I have corrected it in the upgrade, so clicking show venue is now not necessary.

Damn, I just installed this a few hours ago...

Is the only change the CSS in the description or are there file changes too?

Hmm. I just followed the upgrade instructions (FTPed new files over, ran installation .xml, removed CSS from extra.css), and the date still isn't being displayed in my widget. :confused:

If I enable "Show Venue Information" then it does show the date, but it also makes all the events pretty big and makes the whole widget very large and unwieldy.

Should I add the CSS back into extra.css?

Edit: Hmm, I've just realised that without "Show Venue Information" selected, the Location is still displayed (which is a good thing), in a nice compact fashion underneath the Event name. If I enable "Show Venue Information", all that seems to happen is that the Location is also displayed to the right of the Event name, and in order for it to fit this in it wraps the Event name text into a single, very tight column, resulting in each Upcoming Event taking up a lot of vertical space.

Hmm. I just followed the upgrade instructions (FTPed new files over, ran installation .xml, removed CSS from extra.css), and the date still isn't being displayed in my widget. :confused:

If I enable "Show Venue Information" then it does show the date, but it also makes all the events pretty big and makes the whole widget very large and unwieldy.

Should I add the CSS back into extra.css?

Edit: Hmm, I've just realised that without "Show Venue Information" selected, the Location is still displayed (which is a good thing), in a nice compact fashion underneath the Event name. If I enable "Show Venue Information", all that seems to happen is that the Location is also displayed to the right of the Event name, and in order for it to fit this in it wraps the Event name text into a single, very tight column, resulting in each Upcoming Event taking up a lot of vertical space.

Can you give the link where you have this installed?

Hi Peter,

I can't figure out why your avatar is not showing. This Add-On actually relies on XenAtendo's model to fetch data. All I am doing is making that data available inside the widget. I would recommend you to upgrade and see if that fixes it, if it's a caching error.

It was actually a css problem because the XenAtendo events css had a max-height set which cut off the Date. I have corrected it in the upgrade, so clicking show venue is now not necessary.
We are having the avatar issue on our test site, also.

Think, it´s a problem with the XenAtendo addon. If i install XenPorta, which has an included widget for the latest events, the same problem appears. No Avatars showing.

Hi, for this, you have to edit this template from the XenAtendo-Addon: EWRatendo_Bit.
This is the template, which is included inside the widget.
Greetings,
Peter
Yeah, just after I posted my message, I thought "Wait a minute, this can't be that hard," - so used the Search Template option to look for the word "timezone". Sure enough, the template you mention above popped up, I found the bit relating to timezone, and used <xen:comment> to take it out. :)

Can you give the link where you have this installed?

I'll send you a Conversation with the link now. :)

Thanks.

I'll send you a Conversation with the link now. :)

Thanks.

Thanks for the PC. I am replying here so that other's can fix it too. The problem is mainly because this widget relies on XenAtendo's code. I will have to rewrite the whole thing myself. Anyways, meanwhile here is a simple fix,

1. In Widget options, enable "Show Venue Information"

2. Add this CSS in wf_upcoming_events.css

Code:
#wf_upcoming .eventDate {
    display: none;
}
I will try and update this later when I have time...

Dont know if anyone can help,

Just tried to import the xml file using the widget framework import and it comes back with the following error:

The provided file is not an widgets XML file.

Dont know if anyone can help,

Just tried to import the xml file using the widget framework import and it comes back with the following error:

The provided file is not an widgets XML file.
It's not a widget XML, this is a standalone addon, you install like any other addon (copy files to library, install XML from "Install Addon") and it will add a new renderer to your widget renderer list.

Ah, I tried that originally but I get this error:
As the instructions say,

Installation:
  1. Unzip the folder WFUpcomingEvents and upload to your library folder.
  2. Import XML from inside the folder.
Inside your library folder is there the folder WFUpcomingEvents
Does that folder contain the files?

Ive got it installed, but where do I need to look to activate it?

I cant see it under the widget framework or under xenforo options?

Right, getting there slowly!

Followed the details in the images above and ive now got it showing in the "list widgets", however nothing is displying in my sidebar.

Right, getting there slowly!

Followed the details in the images above and ive now got it showing in the "list widgets", however nothing is displying in my sidebar.

Either the value in your Time Range is too low or empty, or you have not entered anything in Position

How do I remove the border surrounding each listed item completely? I thought I had cracked it, by adding the following (in red, below) to wf_upcoming_events.css:

#wf_upcoming li .secondaryContent {
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
border: none;

That got rid of the border, but I'm still left with tiny little rounded corners:

upcoming_events_CSS_problem_01_2012-05-05.webp

Any way to get rid of these, or to just make it look better/more compact in general?

Thanks. :)

Edit: Weird - I've just noticed that it looks fine in Chrome; the above screengrab was taken from Firefox.

Still, I'm not too hot with CSS, so I'd like to make sure I've done things correctly, if anyone can advise, please. :)

Top Bottom