Why the xenForo site is not responsive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
XenForo.com is about the XenForo software, you're not selling anything else here. Every page on this site should be about showing off the capabilities of that software.

Imagine a slick, responsive homepage with a clear label saying this page was made with the XenForo software. We see repeated questions in the forums about whether you can make an effective homepage with the XenForo software. How cool would it be if the response could be "Check out XenForo.com that is a XenForo page'

Here is the thing it does EXACTLY that and all it needs is this clear label. Some customers are going to want to have non responsive pages possibly on the front end to be specific. The page is not only an example of a front end site that takes advantage of the Xenforo framework. It also demonstrates a page that has responsive disabled and the non responsive width property being implemented in the page width controller. Its a full fledged demonstration of features customers are looking for. You say every page should be showing off the capabilities, every page being responsive would leave out a feature, disabling responsive selectively not a lack of implementation in the page but the page is actually using a feature (and if it isn't it can).

Just saying that would be one of 2 completely valid arguments. Clearly the team made their choice for the time being.

Last edited:
Here is the thing it does EXACTLY that and all it needs is this clear label. Some customers are going to want to have non responsive pages possibly on the front end to be specific. The page is not only an example of a front end site that takes advantage of the Xenforo framework. It also demonstrates a page that has responsive disabled and the non responsive width property being implemented in the page width controller. Its a full fledged demonstration of features customers are looking for. You say every page should be showing off the capabilities, every page being responsive would leave out a feature, disabling responsive selectively not a lack of implementation in the page but the page is actually using a feature (and if it isn't it can).

Just saying that would be one of 2 completely valid arguments. Clearly the team made their choice for the time being.
That's a good argument against demonstrating features, but not for usability. With more and more people browsing from mobile devices, it only makes sense to have the home page and customer area responsive. As I mentioned previously, while on my honeymoon out of the country, I wanted to catch the Resource Manager sale. I had to use my mobile device and that would have been a much better experience if it had been responsive. Instead, I was resizing my screen so I could read the text and attempt to check a box and so on.

I agree with all responsive-things in here. But also I agree that responsive homepage is not a high priority things in here. XenForo team should fokus to something more important, like faster importer, more importer, etc etc.

I am pretty sure that if the home page will be updated one day, it will also be responsive. :)

Let them work in their own pace. If you rush the developers to do one thing, such as this "responsive for main page" the quality will dwindle.

Again; like someone else said: "Don't fix what ain't broke."

Let them work in their own pace. If you rush the developers to do one thing, such as this "responsive for main page" the quality will dwindle.

Again; like someone else said: "Don't fix what ain't broke."
I don't see one post where anyone is saying it should be done right now. It was a suggestion. It's up to Mike and Kier on whether or not they will implement it and how it will prioritized.

I don't see one post where anyone is saying it should be done right now. It was a suggestion. It's up to Mike and Kier on whether or not they will implement it and how it will prioritized.
It wasn't phrased as a suggestion. It was phrased as 'this is detrimental to the product and reflects badly on the developers'. In short: Drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom