Why do I want a Resource Manager

A... prefer comments not to be part of the article (i.e directly underneath it). In many forums, most comments are just chit chats, which add little value to the article.

Agreed this is frequent. On my forums comments can be vigorous and lengthy. Research, academic work, authors etc.

Reactions: MrC
I am also in the same boat, i run a Sporting website (rugby league - nzwarriors.com) and wonder how the RM could be of benefit to me. Perhaps wallpapers etc of players that ppl might want to download? i cant work out what else i perhaps could use it for...anyone have a similiar site and what they are thinking of using it for?

I am also in the same boat, i run a Sporting website (rugby league - nzwarriors.com) and wonder how the RM could be of benefit to me. Perhaps wallpapers etc of players that ppl might want to download? i cant work out what else i perhaps could use it for...anyone have a similiar site and what they are thinking of using it for?

Surely there is loads of lists of teams, bios, pics, stories, which people would find interesting?
You could promote good posts to your Sports Library.

Classifieds you say?

Well there are categories with no if items in each and subcats
it's searchable
each item has a page which can have decritpion text and images.
The opening page shows a list of latest items with a snippet text "advert"
"seller" is contactable
could use the download for a printable brochure sheet or complete price list
repeat items could have reviews and ratings
seller has list of other items

not sure the RM will be able to handle "Classifieds" out of the box......there needs to be a bit more to it.
Classifieds and Marketplaces are not only for selling (supplier) aka "For Sale", but also for buying (buyer) aka "Buying Request".

for example:
I do not see the possibility of differentiation of Categories into "Want to Buy" / "Want to Sell" type of filtering, which could be easily achieved with RM-Prefixes:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/prefixes-for-resources.26997/

Also, there need to be "custom-fields" in order to make the whole thing properly search-able.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/suggest-to-have-custom-fields-multi-level-category.26843/

Anyway, those 2 mentioned components are already available...... K+M just need to build them into the RM. :notworthy:

Okay, I'll buy it anyway, but what can it do for me?

- i don't have any files to sell
- there's not much to download at all

Does it do things like:
- be a wiki
- be a bookshelf (present books)
- be classifieds (for people to sell things)
- be an online shop (selling t-shirts and wooden shoes)

Who knows?
I see lots of work for innovative Add-on developers focusing onto the Resource-Manager .....
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/rant-i-hate-the-forum-home-it-sucks.35903/page-7#post-495831

:)

The RM will definitely do a Help system of guides and tutorials. It already does.
Text, author, date. Categories, subcats.
Which can have a discussion thread for further queries.
This is exactly what I will be using it for

Top Bottom