• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Who Has Read A Thread

Well done, Dao. Your too fast :p

Well the 4th request is the set/reset facility, that allows members to click on the 'set' link which then sets a personal 'cutoff' time - only showing who has read the thread after that time. The time can be reset as many times wanted, and also completely cleared again. When using this facility there is also a link to allow you to view a seperate list of all readers of the thread.

I can see the value here.

If a thread begins a discussion on a topic, then in post #10 a decision/change is made, you now wish to know everyone who read the thread AFTER post 10. You want to be able to reset the "who has read this thread" to only reflect those who read it after post #10.

Btw, in the Read Thread link on the member's card, you list the thread that member read sorted by date asc.
You should sort by date desc so people can look and see the latest thread that a member reads.

3. Configure the permissions
3.1 User Group Permissions
3.1.1 General Permissions > View read threads of users: allow to view read threads of other users
3.1.2 Forum Permissions > View users who have read a thread
3.2 Node Permissions
3.2.1 Forum Permissions > View users who have read a thread

I have some permissions questions.

- If you set the User permissions, is there any reason to set the node permissions? On my site I basically just use Group permissions.

- What is the difference between 3.1.1 and 3.1.2?

I have some permissions questions.

- If you set the User permissions, is there any reason to set the node permissions? On my site I basically just use Group permissions.

- What is the difference between 3.1.1 and 3.1.2?
If you do 3.1.2, it will override 3.1.1 in that particular forum. In other forums, the group permission will be applied.
Yes, normally I will only configure group permissions but who knows, right? If somebody wants to do forum permissions, it's right there and I won't have to upgrade the addon. That's why both options are available

A suggestion maybe for your adon Son: Adding an option where users who actively viewing the thread are marked in a color or something of that sort :)

I think its a bug, I set 0 for both "Display Days" and "Prune Days" fields but it is deleting old records after few days.

Hope this helps :)
Update latest version to get it ;)
Error on 1.1b2 when click on Read Thread from user's member card.

Server Error

Argument 8 passed to XenForo_Model_Search::insertSearch() must be an array, integer given, called in /home/andy/public_html/sss.com/forum/library/WhoHasReadAThread/ControllerPublic/Member.php on line 27 and defined
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Model/Search.php at line 46
  2. XenForo_Model_Search->insertSearch() in WhoHasReadAThread/ControllerPublic/Member.php at line 27
  3. WhoHasReadAThread_ControllerPublic_Member->actionReadThreads() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/andy/public_html/sss.com/forum/index.php at line 13

I got the same Error: (1.1 beta 2)

ErrorException: Argument 8 passed to XenForo_Model_Search::insertSearch() must be an array, integer given, called in /home/site/public_html/library/WhoHasReadAThread/ControllerPublic/Member.php on line 27 and defined - library/XenForo/Model/Search.php:46

Welcome to xf:p
Every release where a original xf method changes the params(prototype? :D ? ) could break add-ons using this method.

Top Bottom