Where is logout?

It's a welcome change for me, I have larger than usual tabs on my navigation :D, and honestly... I don't think I've ever hit the log out button, ever.

Most people don't bother logging out. They just X the screen. Doesn't the system automatically log you out anyway after a certain period of time?

@Deepmartini : It'll automatically log you out (session destroyed) if you didn't click the "Remember Me" box. If you did, your session is still destroyed, but it creates a new one next time you visit.

It frees up space and gives that additional space for other tabs that hold more importance (for me it does) and I can't honestly say I have ever needed to use the logout tab link from previous versions so I personally think this was a good move and have it in the usercp menu. :)

Where is the logout link used to be on the navbar top right?

I know it's there on the username dropdown but this is going to annoy people who cant figure that out - many dont like dropdowns and avoid them.

I like the idea of removing 'logout' from top navbar but at the same time I agree that it will annoy users if they can't find it. I think it should be located somewhere in the footer navbar as well.

I don't think I have ever even used the logout button. I wouldn't even look for it unless I was on some other persons computer, which never happens for me. It's good that it's tucked away with the rest of the user tools. Which is what it is.

I actually have accidentally clicked the logout button, particularly when viewing via a mobile device, and it's quite an annoyance to have right there. Glad it's tucked away in the menu :)

Worst is accidentally logging out when using facebook connect, you get logged out of all and then you have to log back into facebook first

Worst is accidentally logging out when using facebook connect, you get logged out of all and then you have to log back into facebook first

That requires two screw ups.
Click Logout
Click OK.

So, no sympathy.

There were *MASSIVE* complaints about this pre-confirmation :)

Top Bottom