What will be the first version of XenForo?

Will we be able to make changes before feature lock or are you guys still doing feature lock crap. :(

I hate that we never got a say-so on builds when you guys ran this circus before. :rolleyes:

In order to make a stable build, you have to stop adding things and just work on bug fixes or else you're in a perpetual beta. I'm sure we're still a bit off of hitting feature-lock, but it's done for good reason by a lot of software developers.

Will we be able to make changes before feature lock or are you guys still doing feature lock crap. :(

I hate that we never got a say-so on builds when you guys ran this circus before. :rolleyes:

Actually, feature lock is much needed in software development... or else you'd end up stuck in feature creep, where you just keep on adding new features (and introducing new bugs with the new features) based on client requests, and never actually make stable release of the said software. At some point in time, the lead developer/project manager have to call a feature lock for a said version, so that it can be released and maintained properly.

vB 3.0.x was 7 Betas (Beta's 1 and 2 were private), 1 Gamma (introduced the new style), and 4 Release Candidates.
We went to seven? Sheesh... I only remembered five before Gamma (and I remember being in a coma for a week after we released Gamma, damn I worked hard for that one).

... Going off to check if we really did seven. Seven?? Wow.

We went to seven? Sheesh... I only remembered five before Gamma (and I remember being in a coma for a week after we released Gamma, damn I worked hard for that one).

... Going off to check if we really did seven. Seven?? Wow.
yeah, remember what it felt like to actually want to get the best product out possible... lets see how crazy xf1 release timetable will drive you :)

Heh.
J! 1.6 is on Beta 7 now and Beta 8 will be released on August 23 ;).
I hope we don't have a 7 Beta + Gamma + RC's roadmap with XF :eek:
But based on the stability I've got faith that it won't be that protracted :).

In order to make a stable build, you have to stop adding things and just work on bug fixes or else you're in a perpetual beta. I'm sure we're still a bit off of hitting feature-lock, but it's done for good reason by a lot of software developers.
Actually, feature lock is much needed in software development... or else you'd end up stuck in feature creep, where you just keep on adding new features (and introducing new bugs with the new features) based on client requests, and never actually make stable release of the said software. At some point in time, the lead developer/project manager have to call a feature lock for a said version, so that it can be released and maintained properly.

A-ha! :eek: *light bulb lights up*

Good explanation. Thank you. :cool:

Since we are talking about the bloody epic 3.0.0 beta period, I feel it necessary to attach some images for the fun of it.

haha.webp

irgotvb3.webp

vB3 releases were fun back then. I missed that. :(

The random headers during the 3.5 release (I think) were fun too. :D

Top Bottom