What was your April Fools Gag on your site?

Alas I missed the AF on here. Nice sickly shade of green though lol. Presumably that's part of it.

Couldn't think of anything to write up for this year.

This is always a good one.

I use the word censor, so e.g. photo of the month becomes photo of the moth

Members have noticed, but not realised it's April fool. Hilarious.

Members have noticed, but not realised it's April fool. Hilarious.

You should have changed all instances of "sax" and "saxophone" to "trombone." That is really a trigger sometimes in music forums. 🤣

A looooong time ago in the DOS era, back when all of us used a command line (none of this fancy GUI stuff), I used to have this little program I could run which would make characters randomly fall off of the screen, to the bottom row. A modern day equivalent would be interesting.

Then again, I'm one of the few idiots left on the planet who remember the flying toaster screen saver--After Dark. And its evil add-on, Totally Twisted After Dark. Which had flying toilets. And flying cows, which would fall to the ground and break apart into steaks and burgers.

Then again, I'm one of the few idiots left on the planet who remember the flying toaster screen saver--After Dark.
Another idiot here. 😋 Don't recall the name Totally Twisted After Dark, but I am pretty sure that I saw the flying toilets and cows so that may just be a memory failure.

I didn't do anything, and usually don't. While I can have a rather warped sense of humour at times, practical jokes aren't really my forte.

Another idiot here. 😋 Don't recall the name Totally Twisted After Dark, but I am pretty sure that I saw the flying toilets and cows so that may just be a memory failure.
After Dark had a whole series of screensavers. The original had the flying toasters as an option. There were licensed character editions (I think the Warner Brother cartoon characters had an edition), and the Totally Twisted edition was the one that had all the really funny/strange/borderline-offensive objects. I just found a video of this edition, and it's bringing back a lot of memories! That screensaver option called Bungee Jumping Cows is what I remember the most. Phlegm Boy, not so much. 🤣

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I changed 2 letters in the forum name, changing it to a different industry. I re branded it for that other industry, put a censor/filter in to change those same words in 1.1 million previous posts, added hats on profiles for the other industry, changed the node icons, and changed ad banners to match. People are very confused today :)

I didn't get a chance to do anything this year--I'm shopping hosts to move our dedicated server to, so I was in budget mode vs. coding mode. But I have a few diabolical plans for next year... 😈

I got a few with this topical subject....

I've just had a PM which I'm able to share, apparently if you have a Smart meter and cable tie a strong magnet around the gas pipe into your home, the gas molecules change polarity which in turn affects the Smart meter's ability to record accurately, effectively slowing the meter down (but not in the true sense of the word)
Do not try this with the electricity incoming though as it has a negative effect and increases the electricity meter's recording.
It's worth a try and totally undetectable.

Back
Top Bottom