What is Cloudflare ? How does it help webmasters ?

If you have SSH access, you can find the file, and copy it to the location, it's looking for.

-bash-3.2# httpd -t -D DUMP_MODULES |grep cloud
Syntax OK
cloudflare_module (shared)

-bash-3.2# ls -aslh /usr/local/apache/modules/mod_cloudflare.so
12K -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 11K Sep 2 11:50 /usr/local/apache/modules/mod_cloudflare.so
As I said, it's installed and there. Something else is going on.

My site is on BlueHost's shared server. Has anyone using BlueHost is also using Cloudflare? How it affected speed of your site? Would my site stay up and running if I get 100,000 real visitors in two hour window? (assuming I am using CloudFlare)

"Would my site stay up and running if I get 100,000 real visitors in two hour window? (assuming I am using CloudFlare)"

The traffic shouldn't be an issue on our end at all. It might be with your hosting provider, however, if you're on shared hosting (many hosts have limits of some sort relative to bandwidth).

"Has anyone using BlueHost is also using Cloudflare?"
My infrequently updated personal blog is actually a Blue Host hosted site.

Some quick CloudFlare tips for you if you signup for CloudFlare.

P.S. I have some pretty nifty CloudFlare laptop stickers, if you folks want some for free.

Just send us the name and address to here if you would like one (put sticker in the subject line so I can pull it out).

It doesn't seem to help forum speed, perhaps because forum content is too dynamic to cache. However, it has cut our server costs in half, primarily by preventing hotlinking of images. Moreover, we haven't had any DDOS attacks since we started using it.

It doesn't seem to help forum speed, perhaps because forum content is too dynamic to cache. However, it has cut our server costs in half, primarily by preventing hotlinking of images. Moreover, we haven't had any DDOS attacks since we started using it.

Yea, but your forum has suffered some weird speed issues ever since switching to it, no?

Hi,
We would actually be caching static content as well, just not dynamic content like html or php (images, js, css, etc. are going to be cached as long as the domain is being proxied through us).

How can I deactivate VigLinks? I don't want a javascript added to my page, nor do I want my links changed in any way. Thanks.

How can I deactivate VigLinks? I don't want a javascript added to my page, nor do I want my links changed in any way. Thanks.

Do you have Outbound Links turned on? You can turn this off in your CloudFlare settings (settings->CloudFlare settings->Outbound links->toggle off). If you added it through apps, then you would want to go to the link for apps & turn it off.

Do you have Outbound Links turned on? You can turn this off in your CloudFlare settings (settings->CloudFlare settings->Outbound links->toggle off). If you added it through apps, then you would want to go to the link for apps & turn it off.
Does this setting deactivate VigLink or does it only deactivate the tracking of Outbound links?

And just to help further clarify...

Viglink is an option both in apps and for outbound links. If you don't want Viglink at all, you would need to turn it off where you have one of those features active (I would personally say use the apps option if you want to continue using Viglink).

Top Bottom