What do you think about Vivvo cms?

bob, i've already posted a link to the vivvo showcase...i think we are all curious to see the integration (not only the userbase integration, but also the design integration) between the two platforms. It's not forbidden to link a website with a xenforo board.

bob, i've already posted a link to the vivvo showcase...i think we are all curious to see the integration (not only the userbase integration, but also the design integration) between the two platforms. It's not forbidden to link a website with a xenforo board.
He doesn't want to post sites that aren't XenForo integrated with Vivvo.

being that the bridge was just released yesterday, I doubt you will see any design integration for at least a week. I myself am working on a vivvo project right now and have plans for forum integration in the next phase (which won't be for another month or so). Design integration should be fairly simply as its all CSS and Templates. Vivvo uses CSS files and Template files. Templates are similar to xF templates (cept they are stored as .tpl files and not in the DB). They use strict xHTML and vte syntax (which is similar to xen syntax). The .js they use is prototype, so a little work around with jquery will be required at times. I believe that they are looking into converting to jquery. Anyway, I really don't see it being hard at all to match the styles/layouts. layout_default.css and style.css are the 2 main CSS files that one would get started with.. there are others for specific functions (like dhtml_menu for example)..

I know most of the active members at vivvo.net, so I will try and get some links soon.

vivvo has a Trial License
This 21-day Free Trial version is encoded with ionCube encoder and you need to have ionCube loader installed on your server in order to run it.
Base Product Cost: No Cost

Order your copy of Vivvo now and get:
icon-check_02.png
Six months free upgrades
icon-check_02.png
Free support
icon-check_02.png
Full source code
icon-check_02.png
Immediate download
icon-check_02.png
Starting at only $195.00

Where'd you find that price of the 195? Is that once you request the trial, they'll discount the price to get you to buy in?

I use to use it myself when I used vBulletin, but let my license expire. Have no plans in going back allthough it is good software. I'm hoping XF make a CMS addon in the future. :)

I discovered yesterday that the commercial cms Vivvo have created a good Xenforo bridge.It's now the first MODERN commercial cms that built a good integration with Xenforo (there are also Contentteller, but seem too php-nuke like...).

Now i'm interested to buy it, but there are many questions about this. It worth the price? It seems a litte pricey, at i see there are very few addons and themes and not a true dev community...

Share your thoughts!

I did own VIVVO at one point then later sold my license on. I liked it and still do to be honest, it looks like a very good CMS and has a very nice default layout and style. But what I found what the software is "dog slow" to run. I would'nt like to say how it fairs if you use one the more advanced cache systems it offers, but using the default was terrible for me. Very slow at doing anything with it, painfully so. Real pity, it's very much a true CMS and has some great SEO features and more besides, a very good article system. I would have stuck with it myself but the running speed just lets it down too much. It's also too expensive.

I've also owned and used SubDreamer, the old version that was purple styled. The new version now looks interesting, I was looking at it a bit ago. But you have to weight them both up against WordPress that's not only free to use with great backing behind it, but a brilliant CMS/Article system.

I did own VIVVO at one point then later sold my license on. I liked it and still do to be honest, it looks like a very good CMS and has a very nice default layout and style. But what I found what the software is "dog slow" to run. I would'nt like to say how it fairs if you use one the more advanced cache systems it offers, but using the default was terrible for me. Very slow at doing anything with it, painfully so. Real pity, it's very much a true CMS and has some great SEO features and more besides, a very good article system. I would have stuck with it myself but the running speed just lets it down too much. It's also too expensive.

I've also owned and used SubDreamer, the old version that was purple styled. The new version now looks interesting, I was looking at it a bit ago. But you have to weight them both up against WordPress that's not only free to use with great backing behind it, but a brilliant CMS/Article system.

SDCMS 3.x series is a lot better than the old version you may have last used but competing with WP is always tough. :) Our CMS is generally superb for community websites with supported forums. Subdreamer CMS doesn't have a bridge to XF yet but we are taking a look.

It would be nice if Vivvo or Subdreamer could port their integration mods for Wordpress and include all these features to link to Xenforo. They could sell it as a separate plugin and make a fortune! There is a high demand for a full and proper Wordpress integration.

Top Bottom