Welcome to XenForo!

Welcome to XenForo, an all-new forum software package.

These are our official company forums. XenForo isn't ready to be released quite yet, but we want to get your feedback on it so far. We want to know what you like, what you don't like, and what you want to see. These are early days, so we need you to help shape our direction. Have a look around, poke at things, and give us your feedback.

You might stumble on some cool things, but we're also going to highlight features and concepts in the Have You Seen...? forum. Keep checking back for more.

We're sure that you'll have plenty of questions, but we'd like to give answers to a few first...

When's it being released?
The sooner the better really, but we expect it to be out by the end of summer.

What's the license/what's it going to cost?
XenForo will be sold under a commercial license, the details of which are still being worked out. It will be competitively priced compared to vBulletin and IPB. We expect to have an "early adopters" sale as well.

Does/will it do X?
Best to ask these questions specifically. We have various ideas for the future. We want to organize these thoughts a bit, and then we'll post a "roadmap" of sorts.

Please see this thread for more answers.

I know the answers are vague, but we're still working out a lot of the specifics. Please bear with us. :)

As you can imagine, there is an awful lot of stuff to read and reply to right now, and all that on top of actually writing the software.

Therefore, please don't be offended if you don't get a response to personal conversations you start with me. I am trying to get around to everything, but it's a little overwhelming at present.

I must say that I am so glad that the response we have had here is so positive. It makes all the work worthwhile. Thank you all :)

I just want to thank everyone for their great feedback so far. In the first 24 hours, we had 3500 posts and about 400 members register. About 20% of you have given the Facebook integration a shot too. :)

The software seems to have coped really well, which is obviously a good sign. There are clearly some bugs to work out, but they haven't seemed like show stoppers thus far. And don't forget the huge amount of suggestions we've received! :)

Thanks again! :D

Top Bottom