XF 1.1 Weirdest title issues in XenForo

Floren

I have something really weird happening in XenForo: If I create a thread title with specific keywords on it, the title is completely hidden. For example, as soon I create a thread with keyword "CentOS" on it, the entire title disappears in forumdisplay view:

keyword.webp

As soon I remove the "CentOS" keyword, title shows back like magic. This happens in forumdisplay only, I can see fine the thread title elsewhere. I tried other keywords, the issue happens specifically on "CentOS" keyword only. I'm going to leave the "CentOS" keyword present into title, so you see live what I mean about the thread title. Running a query, the post displays properly the title into database, so is not something related to badly stored data.

I talked to Mike and he has no idea where the issue could be. This is not a browser cache issue, I get this issue on every single possible or impossible browser. Something is definitely wrong and extremely annoying. I would appreciate your help to solve the puzzle. Thank you.

Attachments

• keyword.webp
    keyword.webp
    18.2 KB · Views: 8
I have seen this exact problem caused by client applications like Norton Internet Security. Did you try a different computer?
I just posted a new thread with Firefox on CentOS (which I use 90% of the time).
Title: Keyword wget turns title with CentOS keyword blank

IMG_27092012_203407.webp

As I mentioned before, it is related to the title string lenght. If the title contains 50+ chars mixed with the famous keywords mentioned above, the title is not displayed ONLY inside the thread link. Example:
Keywords wget and CentOS turn title blank 1234567 is OK
Keywords wget and CentOS turn title blank 12345678 fails

I'm not seeing this on a test install on Raspbian using nginx, which would indicate it's not a plain nginx or XF issue.
How did you come to this conclusion? Let me guess... by some magic vodoo, my server decides that the page source words "Keywords wget and CentOS turn title blank 12345678" present into line 327 are OK, but decides to "vanish" them inside the <a></a> tags on line 333. Indeed, this is not a XenForo issue... :rolleyes:

IMG_27092012_212515.webp

well for what it is worth...

I created a thread by copy pasting the title of yours...

keyword-wget-turns-title-containing-centos-blank

...it displayed just fine....

I wonder what it could be....hmm....

If it is not solved by tomorrow, I will look into it beyond a copy paste to try and replicate the problem.

Thank you, much apreciated. Just to clarify again, I run on a CentOS 6 64bits minimal install. That means "zero" extra packages, not even man is installed... pure minimal.

NP...and thanks for the version reminder...

Tomorrow I will setup a min CentOS in vmware and see what I get...I would do it tonight but at this time on a week day I am pretty much worth nothing useful. Fridays mean no bedtime for this guy lol

Whoa... I think I found the issue. If I create a new forum (node) with the title:
"Test forum for keyword CentOS present into thread titles"

I get this error message:

IMG_27092012_214457.webp IMG_27092012_213853.webp

Exactly the issue I was mentioning related to 50+ chars limitation. Now we know for sure it is a XenForo issue.
Somehow the forum object intersects with the thread one, it might be related to some permissions. Since the title is longer than 50 chars, the thread title is not displayed.

Top Bottom