We Love the Eighties

Nice and clean, easy to use. I loved the 70s more than the 80s but both were great decades for music and movies. It was a different time back then, nothing like it is now. Good site, like it a lot and once I've got my own sites sorted I'll be sure to join up; got it bookmarked :)

Nice design. Love the header logo. Very eighties. I started high school in '79 so the eighties are kind of my decade. Might join and have a closer look (later, I'm busy with stuff on other forums right now).

Nice and clean, easy to use. I loved the 70s more than the 80s but both were great decades for music and movies. It was a different time back then, nothing like it is now. Good site, like it a lot and once I've got my own sites sorted I'll be sure to join up; got it bookmarked :)
The seventies were great too but I grew up in the 80s so I have a soft spot for it.

Nice design. Love the header logo. Very eighties. I started high school in '79 so the eighties are kind of my decade. Might join and have a closer look (later, I'm busy with stuff on other forums right now).
Thanks! The 80s were something else. I’m a 76’er myself and I consider myself fortunate to have lived through the 80s. Would’ve been nicer if I was a tad older back then but regardless I still had fun.

I was a mid-fifties kid when I was born, left school in 1970 at 15, so I grew up through the 60s, 70s and 80s - best decades ever for all kinds of things. If it were like that today what a different world this would be now ;)

I was a mid-fifties kid when I was born, left school in 1970 at 15, so I grew up through the 60s, 70s and 80s - best decades ever for all kinds of things. If it were like that today what a different world this would be now ;)

Yeah you’re not kidding. Things were so much better and calmer. I guess we could thank social media for the way things are today. The internet was a blessing but social media was satan‘s creation lol. It’s different if you’re born into it but you and I grew up when it wasn’t around so we lived a much more different and exciting life for the most part. We had to use our imagination for a lot of our entertainment and we knew less about what was happening throughout the world. Now it’s like whoa!

Aside from the header logo (which looks nice), have you considered a design that looks like it came out of the 80s? Of course it wouldn’t be as readable/user-friendly if you took it that far, but it would look cool lol.

Aside from the header logo (which looks nice), have you considered a design that looks like it came out of the 80s? Of course it wouldn’t be as readable/user-friendly if you took it that far, but it would look cool lol.
I have someone as we speak designing one. Can't have an eighties forum and not have a style to compliment it lol.

Great looking site. I usually don't like dark themes but I do like this one. Great colors schemes. I too came up in the 80's and that era had the best music, best movies and best of everything. Plus I was young back then. Good luck on your community. :D

Great looking site. I usually don't like dark themes but I do like this one. Great colors schemes. I too came up in the 80's and that era had the best music, best movies and best of everything. Plus I was young back then. Good luck on your community. :D
I don’t like dark themes either but Russ from Pixel Exit knew exactly how to make it work.

We Love the Eighties

I’m a big fan of the eighties and now that I have lots of free time on my hands so I decided to dedicate a forum for it. It was up and running back in 2020 but due to a lack of three time I had closed It But it’s back up and running.
Growing up in the 80's myself I absolutely love the 80's as well. I also love the customized theme, colors and logo you have. That must have cost a lot and took a very long time to get completed. Good luck and your new community.

Growing up in the 80's myself I absolutely love the 80's as well. I also love the customized theme, colors and logo you have. That must have cost a lot and took a very long time to get completed. Good luck and your new community.
Thank you but the credit for all that goes to Russ from Pixelexit.com. That was his mind and skills that made that happen. Also I have to say it wasn’t as expensive as one might think surprisingly.

Thank you but the credit for all that goes to Russ from Pixelexit.com. That was his mind and skills that made that happen. Also I have to say it wasn’t as expensive as one might think surprisingly.
That's interesting, yes Russ does good work but for whatever reason I have never been able to get on the same page as him when it comes to customizing a community. Last time I tried we were 12 days into a project and he couldn't get past the logo phase from his 3rd party outsource logo guy. So we mutually agreed to scrap the project due to either the lack of interest, movement, activity or the logo maker. I'm really not sure which one it was, but if anyone has a good web man that likes to move fast and keep you posted let me know.

That's interesting, yes Russ does good work but for whatever reason I have never been able to get on the same page as him when it comes to customizing a community. Last time I tried we were 12 days into a project and he couldn't get past the logo phase from his 3rd party outsource logo guy. So we mutually agreed to scrap the project due to either the lack of interest, movement, activity or the logo maker. I'm really not sure which one it was, but if anyone has a good web man that likes to move fast and keep you posted let me know.
It happens I guess. Russ was great to talk with and knew exactly what to do. He was also very accommodating to my requests.

Did you try Ehren from XenFocus.com? Originally I had used his services for my Invision styles and just like Russ he was great. Before I found Russ Ehren was very busy with projects and couldn’t accept any new work so I searched the net and found Russ. You should give Ehren a shot. He might be available now. https://xenfocus.com/

Top Bottom