RM 1.1 Watching Resource Categories, Anonymous Reviews, and More...

The Resource Manager 1.1 update will soon be running here on XenForo.com with a public beta release to follow after further testing. But before that, let's talk about a few more of the new features coming.

Watching Resource Categories

Similar to watching a forum in XenForo 1.1, you can now watch a whole resource category:

ss-2013-10-02_12-47-50.webp

Anonymous Reviews

Administrators can now choose to allow users to leave anonymous reviews. Anonymous reviews are still associated with the user leaving the review (to prevent duplicate reviews and to maintain accountability). However, only users with permission to bypass user privacy will be able to see who left the review.

ss-2013-10-02_12-54-24.webp

In this example I can see that "test" left the review because I have permission. Otherwise the username does not show up.

Resources Posted Criteria

You can now specify a minimum number of resources posted in criteria for notices, promotions, etc:

ss-2013-10-02_12-56-17.webp

Notable Members Integration

There is now a new tab on the notable members list to list the users that have posted the most resources.

Bulk Email Unsubscribe

The Resource Manager now uses the new bulk email unsubscription tools to allow users to stop receiving alerts for a particular resource (or all emails) directly from a link in the alert email, without having to login.

Resource and Review Warnings

Moderators can now directly leave warnings for resources, resource updates, and resource reviews (rather than having to warn the user themselves).

Further XF 1.2 Integrations

This includes:
  • Draft support
  • Use of code event listener hints
  • Template modifications rather than template hooks
These follow on changes that are in the current RM release to support adjusted BB code parser creation and responsive style support.

Look out for these changes to be running here soon, which means a public release isn't that far off! :)

No, its further integration meaning its using the same system as posts (and function identical to posts).

As per previous comments by Mike, HYS threads are not intended to be used to request additional features.

Can I just point out that making suggestions here is generally not useful/productive? This is doubly true when they have no relation to custom fields (or whatever topic the HYS is about).

Similarly:
Whether or not we use it is sort of independent of what the thread is about -- this is to highlight the feature. ... so anything beyond that is going to be more policy dependent and that's a separate discussion.

I see it running on this site now and it looks great. I also like the fact that additional features are added to other parts of the software, where they make sense (in this case e.g. in the notable members list).

Top Bottom