vBulletin 5 screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, this are only mockups, they don't even have a beta so the software is in it's earliest stage.
And I also remember wonderful vb4 mockups :D

I really want to support XF. I like it's innovation and clean feel, but it seems that development has slowed dramatically, and I suspect it is because of the time and resources being dedicated to the lawsuit. It is unfortunate. But, I, as a forum owner must go where my community is going to benefit the most. At first, I thought it was XF...but if vB is going to overpower XF, decrease its development like it has, and offer an alternative that is better supported, then vB is where I will have to go.

My forum is currently vb driven. I bought an XF license when it was still in beta and have had high hopes that it would take off like wildfire and leave vb in the dust. But I'm skeptical this will be the case now. Momentum seems to have shifted dramatically, especially with losing core developers, lack of updates and news about the issue, and the progress being made instead on vb5.

As such, I've decided not to move forward with updating my current vb community with XF as it is just too sketchy right now. I'll wait until end of year or vb5 is released to make that decision...but if I were a betting man...I'd say that vb5 will leave XF in the dust as XF just lost its steam along the way.

To a tee, you wrote my feelings exactly. I'm in the same boat.

I don't want/need blogs, CMS or bloat... I just need good, solid, fast, beautiful forum software. I've stayed at VB 3.8.x. I love XF -- the alert system and likes alone are fantastic -- and I was happy to buy a license to support the developers of it, so no regrets there. But I've been disappointed to see the lack of communication and development since I bought a license earlier this year. I will definitely use my license, perhaps for a not-yet-developed site, but I'm not currently planning on using it to migrate my existing community (almost 7 million posts)... not right now anyway. It just feels way too risky. I'm in wait-and-see mode.

If I was starting a community from scratch I'd be much more comfortable going with XF right now. It's a great product. But when you're small and not communicating with your customers, that's a reason for concern.

Of course, the flip side is Kier and company could be doing the "smart" thing by keeping XF development quiet so VB can't rip them off (again). I do love this forum software though... just need to be assured it has a bright future.

History repeats, but everytime it gets more expensive :)
If I remember correctly, very shortly after the VB4 mockup images show up, they had a big pre-sales for people to buy the suite.
I bought into it but never used it. Gave it away for free when I converted to XF.
I'm sure many VB members will be excited but it makes little difference to me now.

All the other topics about vB did get "censored", though.

Maybe they're turning over a new leaf. Censorship is really bad. Everytime they censor two more threads pop up. If they we're smart they'd just let the big threads go.

It was mentioned on the VB Licensed customer feedback forums that these images are still at the mockups stage and they haven't even reached Apha stage yet. So we should not really pay any attention to this. We have seen VB mockups before... nuff said!

If I remember correctly, very shortly after the VB4 mockup images show up, they had a big pre-sales for people to buy the suite.

Tell me something about the presale *sigh*
We bought more than 20 vb4 licenses during the presale since we expected vb4 with the same quality as vb2 or vb3. This hurted. My only solace was selling these licenses cheap on the market and to know, that these new customers wont buy a license from vb.

haha! trying to read the thread at vb.com and all of a sudden I get:

Screen Shot 2012-06-12 at 4.32.10 PM.webp

Gotta love vB. :p

Come on Steven, just because you got a corncob up your arse about XF now doesn't mean other's do. ;)
tsk tsk.
Not at all. I'm being realistic and open minded.
Nothing I'd like to see more than for XenForo to succeed.

tsk tsk.
Not at all. I'm being realistic and open minded.
Nothing I'd like to see more than for XenForo to succeed.
Fair enough...and yes, an expired domain name was worthy of ridicule too. :)

I also think this thread needs to be shut down. We have an established pattern of not allowing discussion of other competitor's products here and this thread certainly falls in that category. If you want to discuss vB5, head over to vb.com I say. Just my 2 cents.

Fair enough...and yes, an expired domain name was worthy of ridicule too. :)

I also think this thread needs to be shut down. We have an established pattern of not allowing discussion of other competitor's products here and this thread certainly falls in that category. If you want to discuss vB5, head over to vb.com I say. Just my 2 cents.

Discussing a major new product release opposed to a minor update are 2 different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom