• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

vBulletin 4 Importer

K&M are trying to release a staple version of xenforo. Their focus and dedication is all for the core software. They are aware of the requests for an vb4 importer but they want to finish the product first before creating an importer. You know, one thing at the time. This make the software less buggy (y)

And just to be clear, i'd be more than happy to pay for a vb4 importer that not only gets users, posts, threads, etc. over but also:

1) properly imports the custom fields into XF 1.1
and
2) transfers over any paid subscriptions properly

For us these features are critical to any migration, and i'd imagine that many folks who run popular pay sites have similar issues.

I cannot wait to use XF, so i'm eagerly awaiting the ability to move.
I'm hoping to have it out in the next few weeks.

its hard to derail a train that's on a dead end spur with no engineer, I will look forward to your work.
An interesting way of putting it.:)
Along the same lines, its much harder to build a new train than to upgrade the existing train and move it back on to the main line. :cool:

I don't know why KK wants to take the route he has decided upon, I'm sure he has reasons.

(Before anyone starts, no, I'm not offended, just somewhat curious).

If PaulM allows, I'll take a look into it. I'll move my vB4 in November over to XenForo, and need CustomProfile Fields and ThreadPrefixes for the import.

I was able to fix this importer for thread prefixes. The fix was pretty straightforward. I just compared it with xenForo's vb 3.7/3.8 importer and incorporated the code pertaining to the thread prefixes. It worked fine. But unfortunately the same trick does not seem to work for the user custom fields.

I was able to fix this importer for thread prefixes. The fix was pretty straightforward. I just compared it with xenForo's vb 3.7/3.8 importer and incorporated the code pertaining to the thread prefixes. It worked fine. But unfortunately the same trick does not seem to work for the user custom fields.

Fancy sharing this? :)

Not getting the custom fields wouldn't be a huge issue for me

If PaulM allows, I'll take a look into it. I'll move my vB4 in November over to XenForo, and need CustomProfile Fields and ThreadPrefixes for the import.
You are free to take the existing code and fix it up as necessary.

if you don't mind me asking, how are you plannng on handling VB4 CMS content and user blogs? Same as the current importer, turning them into threads?
Some threads, some things will be different.
I wouldn't touch your code as it is your copyright I respect :)
It may be his copyright, but he offered it up to anyone willing to take it over if they contact him. That alone would remove liability for me to use it. I may glance at it for help if I need too, but it won't be based I his.
An interesting way of putting it.:)
Along the same lines, its much harder to build a new train than to upgrade the existing train and move it back on to the main line. :cool:

I don't know why KK wants to take the route he has decided upon, I'm sure he has reasons.

(Before anyone starts, no, I'm not offended, just somewhat curious).
I'm taking a more minimalistic approach, only including differences in mine. I'm not planning on rewriting every step, unless of course I have to. I'm pretty sure PM tables didn't change at all between 3.x and 4.x so, I don't plan on doing them. Mind if I lean on you/your code for help if need be?

if you don't mind me asking, how are you plannng on handling VB4 CMS content and user blogs? Same as the current importer, turning them into threads?
vB Blogs will be imported automatically into my blog add-on if you have it installed, otherwise it will be turned into threads.

As of now it's planned to handle that step automatically, but may change to an option if you want to have them turned into threads or not.

Importing albums from vb4 to xf 104 seems to be stuck at 0.00% it just refreshes the url a billion times, happened since 1280.

Only 1 line changed in 1.280 (a stray commit was removed from the blog importer).
I dont believe the album import has ever changed since it was first added.

Only 1 line changed in 1.280 (a stray commit was removed from the blog importer).
I dont believe the album import has ever changed since it was first added.
It seems to have completed eventually. Maybe it worked but the counter wasn't being updated. It's worked in the past. Oh well.

Top Bottom