• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

vBulletin 4 Importer

XenForo itself requires MySQL 5 to work, but is this installer compatible with a vBulletin 4 forum which uses MySQL 4?

XenForo itself requires MySQL 5 to work, but is this installer compatible with a vBulletin 4 forum which uses MySQL 4?
I don't see Paul's version being different (though it may be), but it should be.

The alternative is to dump the DB and restore it on the MySQL 5 host and do the import from there.

I don't see Paul's version being different (though it may be), but it should be.

The alternative is to dump the DB and restore it on the MySQL 5 host and do the import from there.
OK, because I keep getting this error:
Code:
Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'forumname.usergroup.userid' in 'on clause'
I thought maybe it's related to the MySQL version.

It seems odd that it's trying to use the userid column in the usergroup table. I don't think that's version related.

What's the full error? (Including backtrace.)

Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin4.php at line 518
XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4->stepUsers() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 166
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 218
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 161
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/1/s/forumname/forum/admin.php at line 13

I don't know if you just managed to get a bad version of the vB4 importer. The code in the official vB3 importer and this vB4 importer are different here.

May want to try the latest version just to be sure. If you're still having a problem, then I think that's an issue in the vB4 import code.

I believe we are having the same issue, copy of error below

Server Error
Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'forums.usergroup.userid' in 'on clause'
1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in D:\HostingSpaces\username\domainname.com\wwwroot\v2\community\library\Zend\Db\Statement.php at line 115
2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in D:\HostingSpaces\username\domainname.com\wwwroot\v2\community\library\Zend\Db\Adapter\Mysqli.php at line 381
3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in D:\HostingSpaces\username\domainname.com\wwwroot\v2\community\library\Zend\Db\Adapter\Abstract.php at line 478
4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in D:\HostingSpaces\username\domainname.com\wwwroot\v2\community\library\Zend\Db\Adapter\Abstract.php at line 734
5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in D:\HostingSpaces\username\domainname.com\wwwroot\v2\community\library\XenForo\Importer\vBulletin4.php at line 518
6. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4->stepUsers() in D:\HostingSpaces\username\domainname.com\wwwroot\v2\community\library\XenForo\Importer\Abstract.php at line 77
7. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in D:\HostingSpaces\username\domainname.com\wwwroot\v2\community\library\XenForo\ControllerAdmin\Import.php at line 166
8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in D:\HostingSpaces\username\domainname.com\wwwroot\v2\community\library\XenForo\ControllerAdmin\Import.php at line 218
9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in D:\HostingSpaces\username\domainname.com\wwwroot\v2\community\library\XenForo\ControllerAdmin\Import.php at line 161
10. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in D:\HostingSpaces\username\domainname.com\wwwroot\v2\community\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 310
11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in D:\HostingSpaces\username\domainname.com\wwwroot\v2\community\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 132
12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in D:\HostingSpaces\username\domainname.com\wwwroot\v2\community\admin.php at line 13

wish I could help with the error other than to say I don't think this is a problem with the importer itself, as I just imported a forum using it yesterday and it worked just fine on two test runs and then the real import.

Had a quick look to see if I can figure out what is causing the error, but not had any joy at the moment. Really hope the original author pops back on here soon!

Top Bottom