1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 vBulletin 3.8 Attachments not Importing

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Trent Gillespie, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Trent Gillespie

Trent Gillespie Active Member

I'm in the progress of migrating my vBulletin 3.8.5 board over to XenForo. So far, the importer has been working great... but it's only grabbing 279 of my 12,000 attachments.

It does not error out, but finishes and gives me a Imported 279 items. (1 minutes 5.84 seconds).

The attachment directory is on the same server and I can verify that the attachments work with the old vBulletin instance too.
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce Probably knows the answer Staff Member

I would have to examine your source data to see what the problem is. Maybe the attachments are orphaned on your vB forum. Or maybe there is a permission problem with the attachment file system such that some data files can't be read. Maybe some files are missing.

Try to find one specific attachment that failed to be imported. Find it on the source forum and make sure it's working there.
  3. rohit0786

rohit0786 New Member

Hi Jake i also have same problem please help me but on my server it shows the 0 attachments imports

Please tell me where is the problem
  4. Jake Bunce

What software are you importing from?
  5. rohit0786

rohit0786 New Member

Vbulletin to xenforo
  6. rohit0786

rohit0786 New Member

all the data is successfully imported except attachments i dont understand where is the problem
  7. Jake Bunce

Are vB's attachments stored in the file system or in the database? If file system then the importer will ask you to enter the path for attachments. Make sure that path is correct and that the vB attachments exist in that directory and are readable.
  8. rohit0786

rohit0786 New Member

yes vb attachments in the file system and i give the correct path the avatars has been successfully imported from that folder but attachments are not
  9. rohit0786

rohit0786 New Member

please tell me solution to resolve this issue
  10. Jake Bunce

If the path didn't exist then it would have given an error. So I assume the path exists but the attachments themselves do not exist or are not readable. You need to check that they exist and are readable.
  11. rohit0786

rohit0786 New Member

i will explain you all about how i am doing the importing

vbulletin is installed on the one server and i have to install the xenforo on the another server. so i suggest to take the database and vb_attachment from the old server and upload that to new server after that i start installing xenforo to the new server and start importing all data shows importing successfully but at the time of attachments it shows import 0 attachments .

This is the all procedure if i miss any step please tell me
  12. rohit0786

rohit0786 New Member

i check that the files are available and they are readable
  13. Jake Bunce

Make sure the attachments were successfully copied to the XF server. That is a possible point of failure here. If the problem persists then submit a ticket with login information:

https://xenforo.com/customers/support
  14. rohit0786

rohit0786 New Member

Yes the files are successfully copied to the xf server