1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 vBulletin 3.8 Attachments not Importing

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Trent Gillespie, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Trent Gillespie

Trent Gillespie Active Member

I'm in the progress of migrating my vBulletin 3.8.5 board over to XenForo. So far, the importer has been working great... but it's only grabbing 279 of my 12,000 attachments.

It does not error out, but finishes and gives me a Imported 279 items. (1 minutes 5.84 seconds).

The attachment directory is on the same server and I can verify that the attachments work with the old vBulletin instance too.
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce Probably knows the answer Staff Member

I would have to examine your source data to see what the problem is. Maybe the attachments are orphaned on your vB forum. Or maybe there is a permission problem with the attachment file system such that some data files can't be read. Maybe some files are missing.

Try to find one specific attachment that failed to be imported. Find it on the source forum and make sure it's working there.