vb5 Importer?

tonmo

I really tried. I know I'm very late to the party... As time goes on I imagine a vb5 importer would make more and more sense for xenforo. What is the current take on this? Anything exist, or in the works? Hoping yes......

I'm open to a vb5 > vb4 > XF migration path, but I saw one thread that says downgrading is absolutely not possible (perhaps for this reason). Others may have figured that out, though.

I'm not sure what kind of sample data would be OK to share online; but I'd welcome any support.

I think I have my old vb4 database... I upgraded to vb5 in June, I believe. I guess I could import the old sql into an instance of vb4, then try to convert? I will miss a few months of posts which would stink, but my site is 10 years old, it may be worth the hit. Will give that some thought and open to other viable ideas, here or privately.

I don't think vB 5 to 4 is possible, short of a third party service like the one' mentioned. But I have heard of migration to one of the free boards and then to xF. But just anecdotally at this point.

Agree, downgrading from vb5 to vb4 is not supported by vb, so it would be a third-party job in any case. I'm fairly determined, so will let you all know the path I take here in this thread. Thanks!

Top Bottom