vb 4 import: 504 Gateway Time-out on "profile comments" and "threads/posts"

Marcus

I use the third party vbulletin 4 importer. I have successfully imported the usergroups, forums, users, avatars, private messages (1/4 million!) and now whenever I import either
  • "profile comments" or
  • "threads/posts" which are the only options for me now,
I get a "504 Gateway Time-out". I am not redirected to any page - as I think, as my board is rather large. Do you have any idea how to resolve this issue?

Yes, this is my log:

1 1316368929 1 2159077251 XenForo_Exception Step forums cannot be run. library/XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php 73

#0 xxx/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php(166): XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep(Object(XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import), Object(XenForo_ImportSession), 'forums', 0, Array)
#1 xxx/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php(218): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep(Object(XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4), Object(XenForo_ImportSession), 'forums', 0, Array)
#2 xxx/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php(161): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep(Object(XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4), Object(XenForo_ImportSession), 'forums', Array)
#3 xxx/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep()
#4 xxx/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 xxx/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
I had dozens of problems during today importing all the stuff.

It seems this is about the forum import, I had there problems, too.

Thanks! I use a direct normal internet connection, my server is nginx not apache. Maybe it is because of this? I can remember problems with attachments and having the same error.

I have the same error message when using phpmyadmin and a query takes too long ( over 40 seconds or so).

It is most likely because xenforo takes too long to process something.

It is most likely because xenforo takes too long to process something.

It's possible. You can try adjusting the batch sizes on the import modules:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/import-from-vbulletin3-8-keep-hanging.18055/#post-234728

If it's a very large database then you might be able to improve performance by increasing the batch sizes for each import step. Edit this file:

library/XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php

Search for 'limit' =>. You will find a limit defined for each import module.

Thanks Jake! I have found the problem. I try to import the old vb 4 ids without changing these IDs.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/import-with-the-same-ids-as-former-product.20028/

Therefore I have hugely changed my database to insert fake IDs where there were no IDs in the old vb 4 install. In this process I removed the userid primary index. This made the queries take ages to finish. With the new primary keys (where I got another "504 Gateway Time-out" messages from phpmyadmin as adding these keys take so long) everything runs fine :)

Top Bottom