VaultWiki Lite [Deleted]

Same error as all
Code:
installing_phrases

installing_phrase_group

An exception occurred: Cannot send headers; headers already sent in , line 0 in /home/linuxweb/www/www.valkyriacraft.com/htdocs/library/Zend/Controller/Response/Abstract.php on line 321

[LIST=1]
[*]Zend_Controller_Response_Abstract->canSendHeaders() in Zend/Controller/Response/Abstract.php at line 115
[*]Zend_Controller_Response_Abstract->setHeader() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 63
[*]XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->__construct() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 16
[*]XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->__construct() in XenForo/Dependencies/Admin.php at line 122
[*]XenForo_Dependencies_Admin->getViewRenderer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 547
[*]XenForo_FrontController->_getViewRenderer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 141
[*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/linuxweb/www/www.valkyriacraft.com/htdocs/admin.php at line 13
[/LIST]
Yes, I added the one line in the config. Yes I added config.php. Brand new installation. No other addons really.

One other user reported this a few weeks ago, but I was not able to reproduce the issue on a fresh installation both vBulletin and XenForo, even when using some server configs to make VaultWiki think my server was really slow.

"headers already sent" messages usually say what file and line number originally sent the headers. This message does not (in [blank], line 0).

This happens usually if the headers were sent during eval() code, which suggests an add-on issue, OR
when a file contains extra whitespace at the beginning or end of the file.

Since VaultWiki doesn't use closing tags for its PHP files, this could mean there is extra whitespace at the beginning of the file, before the opening <?php

It is possible but rare to get a line break here if you have a Windows server and uploaded VaultWiki using a non-Binary transfer mode. You should always transfer files in binary mode so that the file system preserves the file content, encoding, and metadata originally associated with the file.

It is also possible to get this issue after editing a file, if you edited the file using a different content encoding (VaultWiki files all use UTF-8, so editing in Latin 1 can lead to problems). Since all users have to edit /vault/config.php, this is probably where the extra space is.

However, I recently worked on another customer's web site where > signs were all encoded as garbage, but you could not tell by opening the file and looking, and could not fix them manually. We had to re-upload all the files in Binary mode.

If none of this works, then you will have to contact one of the tech support people for VaultWiki. They will probably need to try to install it on your site themselves to see what the cause is.

Last edited:
I have taken the zip as a whole. Uploaded to web server. Deleted my current work. Added your zip by unzipping directly to the correct path. Still have the following error.

In vault/core/view/cp/vw.php, find:
Code:
        flush();
And remove it.

If this works, then I don't really know why it affects some sites and not others, but it would mean VaultWiki will need a custom view renderer for the installer's live progress view in order to avoid conflict with those servers.

You can also skip the live progress view entirely by adding &step=1 to the installer URL once you are there. You would then have to manually click through every step which might take a lot of clicks depending on your server specs.

Still stuck on Step 13 :

Code:
Step 13
installing_phrases

installing_phrase_group

An exception occurred: Cannot send headers; headers already sent in , line 0 in /home/linuxweb/www/www.valkyriacraft.com/htdocs/library/Zend/Controller/Response/Abstract.php on line 321

[LIST=1]
[*]Zend_Controller_Response_Abstract->canSendHeaders() in Zend/Controller/Response/Abstract.php at line 115
[*]Zend_Controller_Response_Abstract->setHeader() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 63
[*]XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->__construct() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 16
[*]XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->__construct() in XenForo/Dependencies/Admin.php at line 122
[*]XenForo_Dependencies_Admin->getViewRenderer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 547
[*]XenForo_FrontController->_getViewRenderer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 141
[*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/linuxweb/www/www.valkyriacraft.com/htdocs/admin.php at line 13
[/LIST]

I just removed the flush(); and kept the method and all of the this->flush(); as well.

According to the canonical Stack Overflow on this error: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8028957/how-to-fix-headers-already-sent-error-in-php

Error source mentioned as "Unknown on line 0"
It's typically an PHP extension or php.ini setting if no error source is specified. It's occasionally the gzipstream encoding extension or the ob_gzhandler. But it could also be any doubly loaded extension=module, which let to an implicit warning message.

Unfortunately that would most likely be a server configuration issue, outside the scope of VaultWiki, because the error would occur before the php file even starts executing.

Make sure the following does NOT exist in your .htaccess file:
Code:
php_value output_handler ob_gzhandler
That code is known to cause this problem.

You should also check your PHP logs (not XenForo's logs) to see if there are "PHP startup error"s.

I recently had a similar problem when manipulating binary files for BLOB columns in my database.

Are you by any chance using Windows Notepad utility to edit your /vault/config.php file? If so, this is probably the cause of your problem. I recently discovered that Notepad adds BOM to UTF-8 files upon saving. This makes a PHP file corrupt and as far as I can tell, there is no way to turn this off in Notepad.

If you think this applies to you, start with a new /vault/config.php file, and do NOT edit it with Notepad. Most programs that are designed for editing source code (Eclipse, FTP editors, Sublime) do not add BOM. Smaller utilities like Notepad++ have options to encode as UTF-8 WITHOUT BOM.

pegasus updated VaultWiki Lite with a new update entry:

Changes in 4.0.0 Gamma 6

(released June 8, 2014)
  • Support for Multi-Quote in Wiki Comments
  • Status Icons are now Font-Based
  • Serious error fixed: removing old revisions deletes the entire page
  • Fixed missing warning links for wiki comments
  • Fixed IP logging
  • Fixed style responsiveness on wiki pages
  • Fixed new comments not appearing until refresh
  • About 30 other bugs that weren't limited to XenForo are fixed

Read the rest of this update entry...

Im getting this Error

Installing VaultWiki v4.0.0 Gamma 6
Step 1
Warning: Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'require_once(/var/www/vault/core/controller/install/db/create/redirect/vw.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory' in /var/www/vault/core/controller/install/db/create/redirect/xf.php:17 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/vault/core/controller/install/db/create/redirect/xf.php(17): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'require_once(/v...', '/var/www/vault/...', 17, Array) #1 /var/www/vault/core/controller/install/db/create/redirect/xf.php(17): require_once() #2 /var/www/vault/core/model/vw.php(303): require_once('/var/www/vault/...') #3 /var/www/vault/core/model/vw.php(274): vw_Hard_Core::locate_children('Install_DB_Crea...', '/var/www/vault/...', 'XF') #4 /var/www/vault/core/controller/install/db/create/vw.php(45): vw_Hard_Core::locate_class('Controller', 'Install_DB_Crea...', '/var/www/vault/...') #5 /var/www/vault/core/controller/install/db/create/xf.php(23): vw_Install_DB_Create_Controller->__construct() #6 /var/www/vault/core/model/vw.php(205): vw_I in /var/www/vault/core/controller/install/db/create/redirect/xf.php on line 17 Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/var/www/vault/core/controller/install/db/create/redirect/vw.php' (include_path='/var/www/library:.:.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/vault/core/controller/install/db/create/redirect/xf.php on line 17

Im getting this Error

Installing VaultWiki v4.0.0 Gamma 6
Step 1
Warning: Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'require_once(/var/www/vault/core/controller/install/db/create/redirect/vw.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory' in /var/www/vault/core/controller/install/db/create/redirect/xf.php:17 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/vault/core/controller/install/db/create/redirect/xf.php(17): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'require_once(/v...', '/var/www/vault/...', 17, Array) #1 /var/www/vault/core/controller/install/db/create/redirect/xf.php(17): require_once() #2 /var/www/vault/core/model/vw.php(303): require_once('/var/www/vault/...') #3 /var/www/vault/core/model/vw.php(274): vw_Hard_Core::locate_children('Install_DB_Crea...', '/var/www/vault/...', 'XF') #4 /var/www/vault/core/controller/install/db/create/vw.php(45): vw_Hard_Core::locate_class('Controller', 'Install_DB_Crea...', '/var/www/vault/...') #5 /var/www/vault/core/controller/install/db/create/xf.php(23): vw_Install_DB_Create_Controller->__construct() #6 /var/www/vault/core/model/vw.php(205): vw_I in /var/www/vault/core/controller/install/db/create/redirect/xf.php on line 17 Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/var/www/vault/core/controller/install/db/create/redirect/vw.php' (include_path='/var/www/library:.:.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/vault/core/controller/install/db/create/redirect/xf.php on line 17

Heres the error log from Xenforo

ErrorException: Fatal Error: main(): Failed opening required '/var/www/vault/core/controller/install/db/create/redirect/vw.php' (include_path='/var/www/library:.:.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') - vault/core/controller/install/db/create/redirect/xf.php:17
Generated By: xH3LLRAIZ3Rx, 1 minute ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(59) "http://..../admin.php?wiki/upgrade&step=1&nostyle=1"
["_GET"] => array(3) {
["wiki/upgrade"] => string(0) ""
["step"] => string(1) "1"
["nostyle"] => string(1) "1"
}
["_POST"] => array(5) {
["step"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["do"] => string(1) "1"
}
}

Hi,

It looks like there is a folder in the package that is not supposed to exist. Remove the following folder and this error should go away: vault/core/controller/install/db/create/redirect/

I have removed the folder from the package now so it shouldn't be a problem in the future.

I recently had a similar problem when manipulating binary files for BLOB columns in my database.

Are you by any chance using Windows Notepad utility to edit your /vault/config.php file? If so, this is probably the cause of your problem. I recently discovered that Notepad adds BOM to UTF-8 files upon saving. This makes a PHP file corrupt and as far as I can tell, there is no way to turn this off in Notepad.

If you think this applies to you, start with a new /vault/config.php file, and do NOT edit it with Notepad. Most programs that are designed for editing source code (Eclipse, FTP editors, Sublime) do not add BOM. Smaller utilities like Notepad++ have options to encode as UTF-8 WITHOUT BOM.
I'm also getting the header issue on my test install if you want to try to track down what is causing it.

Thanks, this was an odd one. It seems the headers error is due to a XenForo error message that it can't find certain files to validate when importing the add-on. For some reason the XenForo message doesn't get sent and instead we just see the garbage that headers were already sent with a useless backtrace.

I don't know why I can't see either message when I test on my site, maybe it's only for debug mode or maybe it was suppressed in earlier versions of XenForo 1.3. Either way, I got VaultWiki Lite installed on your test site, so I have uploaded a new copy of the ZIP that has removed the references to the files XenForo is looking for.

If you have any more issues, please let me know.

Last edited:
ok so thats good, but now im getting stuck on Step 11, heres my Error Log

Error Info
Zend_Controller_Response_Exception: Cannot send headers; headers already sent in , line 0 - library/Zend/Controller/Response/Abstract.php:321
Generated By: xH3LLRAIZ3Rx, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 /var/www/library/Zend/Controller/Response/Abstract.php(115): Zend_Controller_Response_Abstract->canSendHeaders(true)
#1 /var/www/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(63): Zend_Controller_Response_Abstract->setHeader('X-Frame-Options', 'SAMEORIGIN')
#2 /var/www/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php(16): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->__construct(Object(XenForo_Dependencies_Admin), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#3 /var/www/library/XenForo/Dependencies/Admin.php(122): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->__construct(Object(XenForo_Dependencies_Admin), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#4 /var/www/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(547): XenForo_Dependencies_Admin->getViewRenderer(Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http), 'html', Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#5 /var/www/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(141): XenForo_FrontController->_getViewRenderer('html')
#6 /var/www/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(60) "http://...../admin.php?wiki/upgrade&step=11&nostyle=1"
["_GET"] => array(3) {
["step"] => string(2) "11"
}
["_POST"] => array(5) {
["step"] => string(2) "11"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["do"] => string(2) "11"
}
}

This is the mysterious "headers" error users have been complaining about for a while. If you read my previous post, you will see that someone was kind enough to show me a test site that had this error, and now it is fixed in the package. You should not receive this error anymore if you downloaded the package after my last post. If you still get it after using the new package, you will also need to open a support ticket: https://www.vaultwiki.org/members/?do=service&pid=free&productid=20

ok, but whats with all these files i never saw in the old zip: vb, packages, modcp, clientscript, admincp, wiki_.php files?

Ugh I uploaded the vBulletin version here by mistake, and the XenForo one at vb.org.
Thanks for pointing that out. I've gone ahead and uploaded the right file this time.

Thanks, this was an odd one. It seems the headers error is due to a XenForo error message that it can't find certain files to validate when importing the add-on. For some reason the XenForo message doesn't get sent and instead we just see the garbage that headers were already sent with a useless backtrace.

I don't know why I can't see either message when I test on my site, maybe it's only for debug mode or maybe it was suppressed in earlier versions of XenForo 1.3. Either way, I got VaultWiki Lite installed on your test site, so I have uploaded a new copy of the ZIP that has removed the references to the files XenForo is looking for.

If you have any more issues, please let me know.
I tested the new download on my localhost install (where I'm actually testing things), and it's still getting the header issue, however at step 6 this time (this was something that was happening before as well).

Also in the admin panel on the test site I sent you I'm getting 'vw_invalid_lite' for the majority of pages. Not sure if this is on purpose or not, but it doesn't seem to be.

Top Bottom