Vaultwiki for Xenforo

Tried to register at VaultWiki but....

1. got "Your username, IP address, or email address has been flagged as a spam account. Please contact the admins of the blacklist at StopForumSpam.com". Haha. We use SFS ourself and neither my IP nor my mail address is listed in SFS. Probably my username but checking only a username is ridiculous.
  2. Errors all over the site, were already reported in their forum (e.g. "Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_DataManager_User::do_set() should be compatible with vB_DataManager::do_set")
They obviously don't like my money.

1. It would have been better to use the contact form on our site about that. We check all 3 metrics (username, IP, email) against SFS. We used to get bots signing up with names like "HorseF**er". However, it seems that we have had more legitimate signups blocked as a result of that particular filter than spam accounts (nearly 100 spam accounts still make it through daily). I have permanently disabled the username check now as it's more trouble than it's worth.

2. As for this, there's absolutely nothing we can do, short of migrating to XenForo when feasible. The errors all over the site are incompatibility messages between vBulletin and the newest versions of PHP. vBulletin devs have known about the incompatibilities for almost 2 years now and done nothing to resolve the situation. I'm sure we've lost many leads because prospective buyers incorrectly assumed the errors were originating from VaultWiki product files.

I will be glad to see your site on XF asap. The vb errors are annoying. But you do need a good bug tracker and I have not seen that for XF yet.
Did you see my comment about the coupon code being invalid?

The errors all over the site are incompatibility messages between vBulletin and the newest versions of PHP. vBulletin devs have known about the incompatibilities for almost 2 years now and done nothing to resolve the situation.
I've heard the latest plan was to fix all these bugs for vBulletin 6.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: vaultwiki has been released.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/vaultwiki.1959/
Please use the Coupon Code 4XFBETA to get the beta discount.

Well done
nice work
Will VaultWiki be able to use Xenforo's template? And maybe bbcode?
The price is spot on for serious add-ons. Can't wait for it to make it over to xF
I have VaultWiki on my vBulletin 4.2 site
Vaultwiki
Now that's funny!
Any updates on this?
Can we have a couple of lines describing what makes WaultWiki so special?
I was hoping for this cause I'm struggling to config xencarta on my site here
Is this for articles?
Looking forward to this.
Tentatively released today. Please use the CC 4XFBETA to get the beta discount.

Last edited:
Yeah it seems this is not really so much a xenforo mod as it is a workaround to access it via xenforo.

If you're referring to VaultWiki not funneling it's requests through XenForo's index.php, we are looking into that. Originally we thought it might be a limiting factor to do so (VaultWiki by design doesn't have a static route prefix), but after working with XenForo to this point, it seems like we may be able to workaround that problem.

Quoted for the record.....

.... A year from now ..... Or technically, 4 years after the original announcement (its been 3 years) .... I'd like to recall this post.

* sets time capsule *

Did I mention it's been about 3 years (2 years, 6 months) .....

Don't care what is for vBulletin.... Could be v4 or v105 ..... The vBulletin add-on has no place here...... The XenForo build is still vaporware (until there is a release).
How is your time capsule doing Mr. Vaporware? ;)

In case anyone is interested in such things, VaultWiki "4" was added to the Resource Manager here 4 days before VaultWiki was no longer 4 years old. VaultWiki (2) was released as a paid add-on on 6/17/2008, so its 5th birthday is in 2 days. Since I brought it up, version 2 did not go stable until 8/30/2008.

Last edited:
Nice:)
thx for the update!

And now my critic: It looks like a external application included via iframe:/
View attachment 47297
The style received a massive update with Beta 3, which was released earlier this week and was announced today.

You can see it in action:
xf-style-update.webp

Top Bottom