User Upgrades Not Happening :(

John L.

Hi All,

So on one of my forums I have a user upgrade available. Someone definitely purchased one because I got a notification from PayPal. But, nothing happens in XF. I went to the list of active upgrades and...nothing. Anyone else having this issue? Is there a PayPal IPN I need to set or cron to run?

If you think this is a bug then it would be best to start a new thread in the bugs forum as this thread was started by a different member.
Of course, I understand. :)

I'm more than happy to accept a PC from XenForo staff to help out and work with them to troubleshoot the "issue", if it is an issue that is.

Not 100% sure it is a bug though 'tis my thinking, more of a case of so many things can can wrong here, either by the third party (PayPal) and their quibbles, the request sent and its variables, the callback...is/or isn't behind .htaccess (in my case it most definitely is not; it's a live site).

Hmm, not yet seen a thread that either confirms "a bug", or states "as designed/it's ok, this > x,y,z is needed".
Then, perhaps, it's best to move this entire thread to Bugs? What do you think?

The problem is, it's not that easy to test as it requires a forum set up with account upgrades and a premier, or possibly business account. Not to mention that it depends what PayPal is doing after the payment is made, etc.

I did do some troubleshooting with Mike on Sunday for a different account upgrade/PayPal issue which involved using my forum and his PayPal account, so it is at least possible to do some testing.

As I said in my previous post, this thread was originally started by another poster and they haven't posted for a while to say whether their problem is fixed or not, so it would be best for you to post a new bug report, rather than move this one there.

See my response in that thread.

It's impossible to know what caused the call backs to fail, assuming there are no logs at your end.
The only people who would be able to confirm what the issue was are PayPal.

Top Bottom