User Upgrades by Waindigo [Deleted]

The upgrade import feature is perfect!

Sigh. I take it back. It's not using the supplied end date (which is in the unix timestamp format). It's applying the default length of the upgrade against the start date/time of the import. @Jon W

I imported this:
Code:
user_id,upgrade_end_date,user_upgrade_id

And this is what's in the database:
Code:
"942","248828","29","a:4:{s:11:""cost_amount"";s:5:""30.00"";s:13:""cost_currency"";s:3:""usd"";s:13:""length_amount"";i:1;s:11:""length_unit"";s:4:""year"";}","1417752760","1449288760"

Sigh. I take it back. It's not using the supplied end date (which is in the unix timestamp format). It's applying the default length of the upgrade against the start date/time of the import. @Jon W

I imported this:
Code:
user_id,upgrade_end_date,user_upgrade_id

And this is what's in the database:
Code:
"942","248828","29","a:4:{s:11:""cost_amount"";s:5:""30.00"";s:13:""cost_currency"";s:3:""usd"";s:13:""length_amount"";i:1;s:11:""length_unit"";s:4:""year"";}","1417752760","1449288760"
Please make sure you are using the correct terminology. The correct name for the column is end_date NOT upgrade_end_date.
Here is an example CSV file:
Code:
user_id,user_upgrade_id,end_date

I can't quite figure out what the "tiered upgrade" checkbox does or how to use it. Here is what I'm trying to accomplish.

Month 1: payment to get access to forum A.
Month 2: payment to get moved up to forum B (in addition to forum A)
Month 3: payment to get moved up to forum C (in addition to forum A and B)
etc.

Is this possible?

Thank you, squirrly. That's what I thought too. Except when I check that box nothing seems to happen. Hopefully someone will know how to make it work. ;)

It's been nearly a month since my inquiry. Is this thread or add-on no longer being used? Would love to get some help.

Happy New Year everyone!

@Jon W Is the disable guest purchases option working properly? Instead of being able to see the upgrades (but not buy them), I get a "You must be logged in to do that!".

Disable Guest Purchases

Shows a "you must be registered" error when trying to purchase as a guest (guests can still view the upgrades page, they just can't buy anything without manually registering).

Hello, I can't seem to make the categories work, I can't find the setting to add an upgrade to a certain category (neither on creation nor edition). Can someone tell me where to find it ? Thanks in advance :)

I can't quite figure out what the "tiered upgrade" checkbox does or how to use it. Here is what I'm trying to accomplish.

Month 1: payment to get access to forum A.
Month 2: payment to get moved up to forum B (in addition to forum A)
Month 3: payment to get moved up to forum C (in addition to forum A and B)
etc.

Is this possible?
From what I understand, tiered upgrade is not for recurring payments but only for single time purchase. For example you have two membership A and B, if membership B is more expensive, then if the user already bought membership A he will be able to buy the membership B at a reduced price (reduced by the value of membership A).

So if you setup "tiered upgrade" for forum B and C their prices will be reduced by A and A+B respectively.

Not sure my answer is correct, maybe the dev can advise better than I.

Something happened to the categories after the last update of Xenforo - I can't select the upgrade to belong to a category anymore.

So, I'm trying to add a generic Donate button for other stuff that has no need for a fixed amount. I want the users to be able to enter their own donation amount. Since there is no way to do this with xenforo by default(or any addon that I can see) I manually coded the link in. However, as soon as I turn on this addon, it disappears. I don't see it adding anything to the account_upgrades template, so how is it overwriting it? I'm at a loss because I need the donation link but need tier'd upgrades as well.

So, I'm trying to add a generic Donate button for other stuff that has no need for a fixed amount. I want the users to be able to enter their own donation amount. Since there is no way to do this with xenforo by default(or any addon that I can see) I manually coded the link in. However, as soon as I turn on this addon, it disappears. I don't see it adding anything to the account_upgrades template, so how is it overwriting it? I'm at a loss because I need the donation link but need tier'd upgrades as well.
This add-on completely replaces the template with a new template so you will need to add it again. You can copy and paste from the old template to the new one.

Jon W - I have posted this on Jan 22 - Categories broke after the last XenForo Upgrade. Also user upgrade export is not working.

@Jon W Bump - Categories are no longer working for me after the lastest Xenforo Upgrade - and exporting to XML hasn't worked in some time.

I keep receiving this error when trying to do a test to register an account + buy a subscription at the same time:
"Account upgrades cannot be purchased while your account is unconfirmed."

Once I've registered the account, nothing happens on the page. It just says "Your changes have been saved" and nothing on the page changes. When I refresh, I then get the message when trying to buy a subscription.

No matter what settings I use I continue to get it. I don't know if I'm understanding the feature correctly. My impression is that when a new user wants to register, they can choose to pay for a subscription right off the bat AND skip e-mail confirmation. Is this a feature or am I misreading the documentation? Thank you.

I keep receiving this error when trying to do a test to register an account + buy a subscription at the same time:
"Account upgrades cannot be purchased while your account is unconfirmed."

Once I've registered the account, nothing happens on the page. It just says "Your changes have been saved" and nothing on the page changes. When I refresh, I then get the message when trying to buy a subscription.

No matter what settings I use I continue to get it. I don't know if I'm understanding the feature correctly. My impression is that when a new user wants to register, they can choose to pay for a subscription right off the bat AND skip e-mail confirmation. Is this a feature or am I misreading the documentation? Thank you.
This is due to a change in a recent XenForo update. Due to all the work that is going to be required to bring this add-on back up to scratch, we have now marked this add-on as unmaintained.

Jon W updated User Upgrades by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.5.0 released

New features:
  • All parts of the add-on now use template modifications, meaning the add-on is now more compatible with other add-ons that extend user upgrade functionality or any template changes you have made prior to installing this add-on. This add-on now requires minimum of XenForo 1.2.
  • Added feature to "Allow upgrades by unconfirmed users" following change in XenForo 1.4 to disallow this.
  • Upgrade categories section made clearer to show the difference between parent...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom