User Essentials [Paid] [Deleted]

• Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
This is not working: Who should view the Previous User Names tab on member profile pages?

nvm i see it in my email. i just need to install it. it probably won't fix my problem though. i'll just modify a template or something.

Are all these posts necessary when you can simply message me?
Have you set up the option Display Name Change Profile Tab to... correctly on the options page?
If it does not work for you then you have an add-on conflict and will need to find out which one.
Once you know which add-on it is, then I can attempt to resolve your issue provided that add-on is freely available to the public.

We used this for a while. BUt, we had to uninstall it as a number of bugs popped up. One primarily being when a user edits their own post, their thread will automatically lock.

We used this for a while. BUt, we had to uninstall it as a number of bugs popped up. One primarily being when a user edits their own post, their thread will automatically lock.
If you do not report any issues then I cannot help you resolve them!
As for your locked threads, that would mean that you did not apply the template edits to all of your styles.
Please ensure all edits are applied correctly.

All edits were done. Issues still somehow propped up. I probably will do another test run in the future with it, but, it seemed to caused a number of locked threads.

We use this add-on since a long time now at our big forum with all options activated WITHOUT any issues.

This is why I can say that it is bug free.

I'll give it a shot again and check on the templates. Our members are quick to find bugs as we have over twenty thousand members. Let's cross figners this 'round!

I can guarantee you it has everything to do with missing edits.
lol, same thing started to happen to me, I had forgotten to include the edit_status template... Took a while before I figured out why threads were locking every time I edited them...

I have the latest 1.0.9, but do not appear to be getting any of the "Last Edited by ...." functionality. Admin. Mods, or OP cannot see anything within the post to show it has been edited. I checked all template edits ( via /admin.php?styles/<my style>/template-modifications ) and ensured all useress_ mods had been applied. All my user group grace periods are set to 2 mins.

Here is my /admin.php?options/list/useress relevant settings ...
PostEditHistory.webp

Advise please?

Does the Last edited by message not show at the end of the post or is just not clickable?
I see you have set the minimum characters to 5. Do the post edits meet that minimum?
Has it worked before or have you just started using this feature?
If it has worked before, have you installed any new add-ons lately?

Nevermind, working now. Thanks :)
I had the "
Edit Post Log Grace Period
" for node usergroup permissions set to 1440.

Important Note:
For those of you who are already using or are considering using a pirated version of this add-on, please note that those releases contain 20% more code than the ones I provide.
This can only mean that they contain some kind of Tracking, Virus, or Trojan. If you do use a pirated version, please do not contact me for support.
Thank you.

Has anyone else realised that using Tapatalk appears to bypass completely the 'Last Edit By ..." (and thus Post Edit History) functionality of User Essentials?
Since Tapatalk seems to operate solely out of it's proprietary mobiquo directory, it's probably doing some low level stuff that ignores or bypasses triggers that UE is hooking into?
Any solutions available, or should I talk to TapaTalk to get them to fix it?

get a lot of errors into server error log.

Code:
Undefined index: post_edit_reason
Today at 6:56 AM - library/UserEss/Model/Post.php:336

Today at 6:55 AM - library/UserEss/Model/Post.php:336

Today at 6:42 AM - library/UserEss/Model/Post.php:336

Today at 3:50 AM - library/UserEss/Model/Post.php:336

Today at 1:37 AM - library/UserEss/Model/Post.php:336

Syndol updated User Essentials with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.0

What's new:
  • Fixed a silent error message issue when certain other add-ons fetched posts for display.
Upgrade Instructions:
  1. Upload the file 'Upload/library/UserEss/Model/Post.php' to your server, overwriting the old one
  2. Upload the file 'Upload/library/UserEss/Model/Thread.php' to your server, overwriting the old one
  3. Upload the file 'Upload/library/UserEss/Listener/Hook.php' to your server, overwriting the old one
  4. Optional (to display correct version) -...

Read the rest of this update entry...

The file has now been emailed to everyone.
Season's greetings and best wishes for the new year.

Hey Syndol; I have been keeping history of all post edits for the past few months. I am however running a bit low on space and am wondering if there is a way to clear all previous post edits. I have disabled the post edit saving via Options -> User Essentials -> Post Edit History => No selected...
However old post edits still seem to be there and are viewable. Anyway to completely purge them?

Hey Syndol; I have been keeping history of all post edits for the past few months. I am however running a bit low on space and am wondering if there is a way to clear all previous post edits. I have disabled the post edit saving via Options -> User Essentials -> Post Edit History => No selected...
However old post edits still seem to be there and are viewable. Anyway to completely purge them?
The problem is that the same table is used for both post edit history and the last edited by. If you simply delete the records then you will lose the last edited by info as well as what the first post looked like.
I'll have to figure out a way to make this a cron option while keeping the desired info.

Top Bottom