uploading photo's

arnold

when uploading photo's and the Maximum attachment image dimensions is leaving blank.
most of the images where displayed in the right orientation.

when setting the dimension to lets say 1024x1024 the uploaded images where resized but the orientation info is lost. so the images aren't display right.

You may not have the EXIF extension enabled. Check phpinfo and see if you can see mention of "exif" anywhere. If not, that functionality will need to be enabled.

The very first step we do before we do anything is analyze the uploaded image which will store the EXIF properties internally until we're ready to use them. Even so, when we eventually come to transform the image, the EXIF based rotation is handled first, and then the resizing takes place.

If the rotation is not happening at all, then I agree with Andy that it could be that you do not have the exif functions available.

You'd actually be looking for a section such as this in phpinfo:

1528391686564.webp

The list of authors isn't sufficient enough to confirm that it is available, enabled, a recent version etc.

If it is definitely the case that the resizing is happening before the EXIF rotation, and for some reason the internal data we store is being missed or lost somewhere, then I'd suspect that you have some add-on interfering with the process somewhere.

when giving at the command prompt
i don't see the module, and not in the phpinfo there is only 1 exif line. the one i posted here.
So i need to install/enable exif for PHP

Code:
[root@vps /]# php -m
[PHP Modules]
bcmath
calendar
Core
ctype
curl
date
dom
ereg
fileinfo
filter
ftp
gd
gettext
hash
iconv
intl
json
libxml
mbstring
mcrypt
mhash
mysql
mysqli
mysqlnd
openssl
pcre
PDO
pdo_mysql
pdo_sqlite
Phar
posix
Reflection
session
SimpleXML
soap
sockets
SPL
sqlite3
standard
tokenizer
xml
xmlreader
xmlwriter
xsl
Zend Guard Loader
Zend OPcache
zip
zlib

[Zend Modules]
Zend Guard Loader
Zend OPcache

I dis find these links also, but i’m not that experienced to do it myself.
I ask oure hoster to alter these setings.
cPanel let's you do it in the panel itself. You would think that at the price they are charging for it that it would allow you to add custom modules via the panel itself without having to resort to custom builds.

You should have unlimited technical support even at the base monthly level of DA.
I've got a feeling your hosting provider (unless they are really good guys/gals) are going to tell you that's part of self-administration.

No they aren’t, for a small fee they will fix it.
It was oure choice to switch from a managed server with an expesive sla to this unmanaged server.

The provider we have is not the cheapesd, but they deliver good and fast service for a fair price.

Top Bottom