XF 2.1 Upgraded to 2.1, can't see reactions?

Cosmacelf

I just upgraded to 2.1 and have enabled the new reactions (or rather they were enabled by default). But I can't react to any existing post other than Like it (like the old way). Any ideas why I can't see reactions when I hover on the Like button?

Last edited:
I had the same problem, my style is a Child of the main style, and I found the problem to be the templates 'message_macros' and 'conversation_message_macros'

Opening each and then clicking the 'revert' button fixed both isues

assuming that the theme has been updated to xf2.1

Thank you @OperaManiac, that pinpointed the problem I had. Basically, I had modified the PAGE_CONTAINER template in my custom style. When I upgraded, it kept the old PAGE_CONTAINER, and thus I didn't get reactions shown (nor a bunch of other minor appearance upgrades).

So I just copied the entire PAGE_CONTAINER template from the new 2.1 default style, re-entered the mods I had made to it (basically custom banners for each section), and now everything works well.

I take it there is no good way to have template modifications move from version to version? It would be hard since these are HTML code modifications...

xenforo manages to merge changes most of the times. major upgrades tends to make things complicated. ui.x2 theme in fact does not use page_container for changes to core template. i have to edit some other template which has basically worked well so far!

Normally you can create a 'Child' of the style that you are using and set that as default.
Any changes you make, you do so to the templates within the 'child'

If you have to upgrade the style at all then it's just a case of uploading the upgraded style and overwrite the parent, the child should adopt the changes.
For some reason this didn't quite go to plan, perhaps it was because it was such a major upgrade and a fair bit of code changes

Top Bottom