XF 2.1 Upgraded, Site Down

Problem is that No Upgrade available is out in the open....so the fresh install link or rebuild is available to anyone that goes to my forum link
The upgrade system doesn’t work like that. This is why we don’t advise and you don’t need to delete the install folder. You can’t use it unless you are logged in.

Does the following file exist?
Code:
internal_data/install-lock.php
The only reason we would ever redirect to the install system is if the src/config.php file doesn't exist, and the internal_data/install-lock.php file doesn't exist.

That would be strange though because your admin login does seem to exist.

http://www.cincysoftball.com/dugout/admin.php

So that would lead me to believe the two files I mentioned actually do exist... which is confusing.

Last edited:
I have a theory.

On your server can you find the file named index.php (it's in the root of your XF installation, so essentially wherever all of the dugout files are) open it, and copy/paste the contents here?

<?php

$startTime = microtime(true);
$fileDir = dirname(FILE);

require($fileDir . '/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php');
XenForo_Autoloader::getInstance()->setupAutoloader($fileDir . '/library');

XenForo_Application::initialize($fileDir . '/library', $fileDir);
XenForo_Application::set('page_start_time', $startTime);

$fc = new XenForo_FrontController(new XenForo_Dependencies_Public());
$fc->run();

That's the XenForo 1.x code.

So that does explain it.

Recommended course of action at this point is to re-upload the files from the XenForo 2.1 upgrade download. I'm not certain what led to this, but it would seem that either not all of the files uploaded correctly, or they have since been partially replaced by XF1 files.

Not all of the files are from XF1 though. admin.php works because that must be the XF2 file. Similarly, the installation files are clearly XF2 otherwise they would look different.

Very odd, but certainly re-uploading the upgrade files should sort it.

Top Bottom